"Your Product Activation Key Reached Its Activation Limit..."

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Gamesurgeon, May 14, 2014.

1. Gamesurgeon

Gamesurgeon Bit poster

Hello,

I am facing an issue activating Parallels 9 on a newly purchased Macbook Air. I'm a software engineer, and I change computers every few months depending on the job at task. I've never been able to "deactivate" my parallels activation on any of these previous computers since there is no option to do so; however, I re-format these computers before selling them (if they're mine), or the company to which the laptop belongs does so (note: I uninstall my programs on these computers before handing them back). This way, my software licenses are used only by me.

Long story short: I switch computers a lot because my job requires it, and now Parallels is yelling at me because I activated my license too many times. I have yet another new computer for work, and I cannot activate Parallels on this machine.

I've been using Parallels for a number of years, and buying another license is not an option. I will undoubtedly continue to have to switch computers at least once a year. If that means contacting customer support once a year, I'm fine with that. However, I can't find a phone number or email address to contact, so any help from a representative would be much appreciated...

I cannot request a trial license either, since it keeps showing an exclamation mark next to my email address. I'm effectively unable to use the software I paid for.

Thanks,

Last edited: May 14, 2014
    ShadyJ and AmethH like this.
  2. HomerS

HomerS Bit poster

Same problem here -- my computer died and I can't activate on the new one now.

3. Gamesurgeon

Gamesurgeon Bit poster

HomerS, do you know of a number or email address we can use to contact support directly? It's important that I sort this out by the EOD; otherwise, I will jump ship to VMWare Fusion.

4. HomerS

HomerS Bit poster

I submitted a support ticket. There is probably zero chance of hearing back from them today. I am also thinking of jumping ship to VMWare. Their licensing is very similar, with one major execption: "Starting with Fusion 4.x, personal users only need one license to install on all Macs."(http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/se...ype=kc&docTypeID=DT_KB_1_1&externalId=2032855) If I read that correctly, we only need one license for multiple machines.

If you are switching from Parallels, apparently you can get upgrade pricing on VMWare.

5. AparajitaF

AparajitaF Bit poster

I checked out VMware 6. Faster, smoother, more control, better licensing. Imported my Parallels VM perfectly. Bye-bye Parallels.

J.R1 likes this.
  6. Maheesh@Parallels

Maheesh@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hi Gamesurgeon, HomerS

Please check your private message.

7. Khurram

Khurram Bit poster

Hi Guys,
    We recently wanted to move the parallels from one mac to another. we followed the following kb on their website (http://kb.parallels.com/en/116527) to achieve that goal but all in vain. Even though we deleted the Parallels from old computer it is still asking us on the new computer to buy another license, (height of ignorance). We do have upgrade license for Parallels Desktop 9 but there is no support option available on our dashboard. Now we need to purchase the support or we buy another license and what happens to the previous license, aren't we ripped-off by "Paralles". I would call their moving to new mac system as a hook to force their users to buy more licenses. They are arrogant and taking advantage of the mature product they have. I would request you guys to share any alternates to Parallels. Or if anyone knows how to get rid of this license error please assist.

8. Maheesh@Parallels

Hi Khurram,

9. Khurram

Khurram Bit poster

Hi Maheeshwar,

Where is the private message, is it on parallels --> My Account.

10. Abdul@Parallels

Abdul@Parallels Parallels Support

Khurram,

Maheeshwar would have sent you a private message in Parallels Forum. Please check your forum private messages.

11. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

Top right corner of this window: "Welcome, <your nick> Notifications v"
    You should see a "(1)" next to notifications indicating you have an unread private message.

12. PascalHO

PascalHO Bit poster

HomerS, have you got any feedback on your ticket? I have same issue here. I just reinstalled Mountlion and then Parallels told me the same. Thanks a lot.

13. Maheesh@Parallels

Hello PascalH0,

14. cicucci

cicucci Bit poster

Upgrade limit

I just bought a new retina macbook pro, replacing an older 2010 macbook pro. I also am having this activation limit problem when attempting to install parallels and migrate my VMs over.

15. Joe Mahaffey

Joe Mahaffey Bit poster

I am migrating to a new computer and am having the same problem. Can someone help me deactivate the one I no longer need so I can use it on the new one? Please reply ASAP.

16. Maheesh@Parallels

Hello cicucci, Joe Mahaffey

17. klkloos

klkloos Bit poster

Hello Iv bought a new MacBook and want to transfer Parralles to it. The old computer will not be used with parrallels anymore.
    The registration on the new computer fails because the activation limit is reached.
    On the old computer I do not find a possibility to free the registration.
    How can I transfer the registration?

many thanks
    greetings Klaus Kloos

18. Maheesh@Parallels

Hello klkloos,

19. klkloos

klkloos Bit poster

not working(?)

Ive send the mail like I was told, but got an answer "Welcome to Parallels Access"
    Something has gone wrong.

Greetings Klaus Kloos

20. Maheesh@Parallels

Hello klkloos,

Details has been sent to you in private message.