ATI Catalyst Control Center Error on PD Boot...

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Jigs Gaton, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Jigs Gaton

Jigs Gaton Product Expert

Hi all, I get an error on PD boot into XP saying that the ATI Catalyst Control Center does not like the PD display driver (my interpretation). Everything is the latest version of everything, including the ATI Control Center which works fine in bootcamp. The only strangeness noted from this (i'm guessing now) are in regards to things like OpenGl overlays in preview windows, for example, as in Poser 7. The preview display goes wonky until i turn off hardware acceleration. Other programs like CS3 bridge get a bit strange too. Anyway, just a nit here that would be nice to fix:)
    coocoo

2. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

Did you installed driver in Virtual machine?

3. Jigs Gaton

nothing specific...i did install the ATI driver on the bootcamp side. do i need to do both? in Ps, under catalyst control center, there is an entry in the list that says 1.Parallels Video Driver, and from that I can Set destop area to... but i never do. Those may be some clues...thx

4. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

It looks that Parallels Information is corrupted,
    Try to start VM, holding Command key and in Hard Disk 1 - Advanced click Clear.
    Note you need to activate Windows again

5. Jigs Gaton

no, that did not work either. still get the catalyst control error message that i can't parse. the exact text reads:

"The Catalyst(r) Control Center is not supported by the driver version of your enabled graphics adapter. Please update your ATI graphics driver, or enable your ATI adapter using the Displays Manager."

but turning off hardware acceleration/OpenGL in Poser and setting to Shree fixes the poser problem in PD. so i guess this is no big deal to me - just annoying on boot so far. thx.
    coocoo