Magic Mouse touch scroll speed is way too fast.

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by DaveD42, Jun 19, 2014.

1. DaveD42

DaveD42 Bit poster

Hi,

I'm new to Mac and Parallels, I've done a little research on this issue and it looks to have been around for years!

I find Windows 8.1 just about unusable because the magic mouse touch scroll speed is so fast.

Is there a fix?

Thanks
    David

2. Manoj@Parallels

Manoj@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

3. DaveD42

DaveD42 Bit poster

Thanks Manoj,

I did as you suggested and nothing changed but I must admit to wasting your time !

After a little more experimentation I find that scrolling with the magic mouse is fine in general, it is just with this one app that I have the speed problem.

So I will contact the app developer.

Thanks
    Dave

PS the more I play with Parallels the more impressed I become.

4. Manoj@Parallels

Manoj@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hello Dave,

Glad to hear that. Please feel free to get back to us if you need any further assistance. We are happy to help you.

5. serv

serv Forum Maven

David,

Some apps that don't support smooth scrolling may behave funny. Try un-checking VM Configuration > Hardware > Mouse & Keyboard > Enable smooth scrolling.

6. WadeGS

WadeGS Bit poster

Visio behaved really badly with this. I unchecked Enable smooth scrolling, and now Visio behaves just fine!

Thanks serv.

7. Maheesh@Parallels

Maheesh@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hello WadeGS,

Glad that your issue has been resolved!

Feel free to reach us if you need any assistance and we will be happy to help you!

8. Paul-G

Paul-G Bit poster

I have Mavericks on my macbook pro running Parallels 9 and have updated every time there's an update. I run Windows 7 Premium on Parallels and use a Magic Mouse. The cursor goes crazy very often. First, the scull speed is usually very fast. When I use Visio, I can't keep the page in the window. In my Outlook email, the slightest touch (sometimes I can't even notice what I'm actually touching) and the inbox scrolls extremely fast to the end. It seems that light touches on the sides and/or edges of the mouse make it go crazy and stuff goes flying! I really like the Magic Mouse a lot because of its gesture capabilities, but the driver into Windows (or something like that) can't handle the data coming from the mouse. Is there a fix for this? Perhaps a way to make the Windows driver ignore the data that it can't handle correctly?