Unable to use Shift Key in Win7 with other keys

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by TheRealDrSox, Jun 30, 2014.

1. TheRealDrSox

TheRealDrSox Bit poster

As it says. If I want to select multiple items in Win7 (or OSX) usually I can Control Click/Down Arrow together and select as may as I want. In Parallels it's one item at a time. What do I do ? I also can't seem to select upper case using Control, so I have to use the Win7 on screen keyboard.

I have changed the setup option to optimise for games - no change. What else should I try ?

Cheers

2. Ram@Parallels

Ram@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi TheRealDrSox,

Please go to the Parallels Desktop menu > Preferences > Shortcuts tab > System Shortcuts > set 'Send System Shortcuts' option to 'Always'.

Restart Virtual Machine and use Ctrl or Shift keys and let us know how it works.

3. TheRealDrSox

TheRealDrSox Bit poster

Thanks. I tried that - no change. Shift won't give me upper case and shift/down arrow won't select multiple items. Don't know why I said Ctrl in my first post as it's not Ctrl, it's Shift (or Shift Lock) - neither work.

4. TheRealDrSox

TheRealDrSox Bit poster

Thanks. I tried that - no change. Shift won't give me upper case and shift/down arrow won't select multiple items. Don't know why I said Ctrl in my first post as it's not Ctrl, it's Shift (or Shift Lock) - neither work.

5. Ram@Parallels

Hi TheRealDrSox,

Please follow the steps as suggested at http://kb.parallels.com/116994 if you are using Parallels Desktop 9.
    If you are using Parallels Desktop 8 or before versions of Parallels Desktop for Mac please follow the steps suggested at http://kb.parallels.com/7072

6. TheRealDrSox

TheRealDrSox Bit poster

It's already set to Optimise for Games. I also said so in my first posting.

7. Ram@Parallels

8. TheRealDrSox

TheRealDrSox Bit poster

Thanks but that doesn't solve the problem. I'm unable to select multiple items using Shift/Down Arrow as well as unable to select Upper Case.

9. strells

strells Product Expert

What kind of keyboard are you using? Have you accidentally attached the keyboard to the VM from the Devices -> External Devices submenu? If so, try detaching it from the VM.

Steve