Coherence getting worse? Doesn't focus on or bring forward selected window!

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by strells, Jul 7, 2014.

1. strells

strells Product Expert

Is it just me, or is Coherence just getting worse with each update? Even with the latest update (including update of Parallels Tools), now just about the only way to move a Windows 7 window that I want is to first click on the Mac OS X desktop and then click the window I want to move. Clicking different windows in the VM does not change the focus or sometimes it does not bring the window to the front of the stack! When a window doesn't come forward, I can drag the window, but it drags behind all the other windows. This problem also extends to hovering over an application icon in the taskbar. The Aero display appears, but it's behind other windows.

I don't want to have to go back to full screen mode, but this is just so frustrating.

Steve

2. acad007

acad007 Bit poster

Same here. Thought, I would be the only one that still hat problems with coherence mode since I did not hear anything here about ongoing problems.

I just installed the latest PD9 update form today. I´ll let you know if that works.

3. Cozzamara

Cozzamara Bit poster

Yes, looks like last update (Build 9.0.24237 which I got on July 9, 2014) botched few things for Windows 7. I did also notice that it no longer focuses on selected window in Coherence mode.
    Another problem is that Windows UAC prompts no longer show up in Coherence mode at all - there's sound, but UAC prompts themselves are invisible and it's impossible to interact with them without exiting Coherence. This all worked fine until this update.

This upgrade also completely locked me out of Windows - guest OS was hanging up indefinitely on 'Welcome' screen after login. I disabled all other startup items and services and tracked down the problem to Parallels. The only thing that cured that was disabling "Share Mac user folders" in VM properties, and then re-enabling that back after at least one successful logon.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014