Black Screen on Mobile Display

Discussion in 'Accessing your PC' started by AnkurP, Jul 9, 2014.

1. AnkurP

AnkurP Bit poster

I posted as a reply to another similar thread but have not seen a response.

I am having the black screen issue trying to access my Windows 8.1 Pro system with a Nexus 5 and iPad Air. The pointer seems to work fine through the touchscreen, and applications open on the host system, so there is an established connection. However, all I see on the mobile device screen is black. I have have already checked the ports and verified that port 443 is open to both host and client.

The PC (laptop) has dual-graphics (Nvidia discreet card and Intel integrated card). The original poster of the other thread had this as well, so I'm not sure if that might have something to do with the problem.

I have Microsoft's RDP client installed on the Nexus 5, and it seems to function perfectly. I tested both at all available resolutions including 1080p.

Also, I have submitted a report with the ID: 46617898. My trial runs out on the 14th, and I would like to test this out ASAP so as to make a purchasing decision. Thank you in advance for any advice.

2. alexeysow

alexeysow Bit poster

Привет! Извиняюсь, английский язык знаю плохо - используйте переводчик пожалуйста. Решение проблемы: заставьте Parallels Agent работать принудительно на встроенной видеокарте. Такая проблема возникает когда приложение не может определить с какой видеокарты работать или пытается работать с более мощной и конфликтует с драйвером. Я поставил в приоритет встроенную интел и все заработало!

3. AnkurP

AnkurP Bit poster

Sorry alexeysow, but I cannot understand your reply (as much as I wish I could read what I assume is Russian -- I've always wanted to learn!).

I've copied my following solution from another thread with a similar issue in case it helps anyone:

I was able to figure out a fix for this issue if anyone is still struggling with it. Turned out to be pretty simple, actually. The problem seems to be due to the presence of two GPUs (Intel integrated & Nvidia discrete) and Access using the Nvidia GPU to render the display.

To fix it, adjust settings at Nvidia Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings > Program Settings tab. From here click 'Add' and find the Parallels Access executable on your system. With this executable selected in the first drop-down list, select 'Integrated Graphics' in the second drop-down. After applying these changes, Access should render the correct image on the mobile device. I have not had a chance to test this on an AMD-based system, but I assume one would have a similar process.

Feel free to reply with any questions, and I'll try to help as well as I can.

4. LucidSamples

LucidSamples Bit poster

i have the same problem Anyone can help??

5. AnkurP

AnkurP Bit poster

LucidSamples: please see my previous post. If that does not help, what is your system configuration, and what are the specifics of your problem?

6. aredey

aredey Bit poster

i aslo face the same situation.

7. PatruA

PatruA Bit poster

me too