Parallels 9 Unable to install.

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Cole416, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Cole416

Cole416 Bit poster

I recently bought Parallels 9 hoping to get Windows on my MacBook Pro but I have been working here for almost 2 hours trying to fix something that I have no experience in.

Once I bought it I clicked the button to install now. The file (ParallelsDesktop-9.0.24237.1028877.dmg) finished and then when I tried to open it I get an error saying "You cannot use this version of the application Install.app with this version of Mac OS X."

I tried looking up the error, trying the support chat, which for some reason you have to pay for... and everything I could think of to fix this.

Also, when I open Finder and look at the .app file, there is a big "no" symbol like [​IMG], but without color.

Please help me, I am going to be on a flight on Thursday and would like this all to be done by Wed. morning. :D.

2. Mervin@Parallels

Mervin@Parallels Guest

Hello Cole416,

Please check the version of your Mac Operating system, Parallels Desktop 9 is compatible from Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8 to Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9.4 . You can refer this link: http://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/ to know more about the system requirements of Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac.

If you're using an older version of Mac Operating system which is not compatible with Parallels Desktop 9, upgrade your Mac OS to the latest and download Parallels Desktop 9 again from: www.parallels.com/directdownload/pd9 and follow this article: http://kb.parallels.com/116989 to install Parallels Desktop 9.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

3. Cole416

Cole416 Bit poster

Now I am having more issues.

I updated my system to Snow Leopard and now when I put in my product key it says "We couldn't verify the product key. Please check your installation media."

Any ideas? I looked it up online and there are errors like that when regularly installing Win8 on PCs.

4. Ram@Parallels

Ram@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello Cole416,

Please generate a report id as suggested at http://kb.parallels.com/9058 and provide us the problem report number here.

Note: Please generate a Problem Report ID as soon as the issue appears. Please keep the Error message open when submitting the Problem Report.

5. StewartS

StewartS Bit poster

I'm running OS 10.9.4 and Parallels 9 won't read my old winxp sp2 disk. It seems to install OK but when I run mybootcamp it says "trying to boot from primary - master IDE device", but nothing happens. It indicates that " tools are not installed". Clicking anywhere cause loss of mouse and keyboard controls. I had a mud earlier version of parallels quite a few years ago and this winxp disk worked OK with it. The disk still seems OK, I can make an image of it. Help, what am I missing or doing wrong?

6. StewartS

StewartS Bit poster

Sorry about that

Please forgive this previous post. It's been years since I had to run windows on a mac and I didn't remember I had last used boot camp and still had a bunch of old files there. I put them in trash and then the installation of Parallels 9 went flawlessly.

7. Mick55

Mick55 Bit poster

Running into a similar problem - when I try to install Parallels 9 V9.0.2.24237.1028877 for Mac I get an error saying my trial period has expired and it doesn't give me the option to enter my activation key. My report number is 47633508.

8. Maheesh@Parallels

Maheesh@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hi Mick55,

Please follow the steps as suggested at http://kb.parallels.com/113647 and this should help you to activate Parallels Desktop 9 on your Mac

9. Mick55

Mick55 Bit poster

That worked! Thanks!

Very smooth installation! Thanks for your help.

10. Maheesh@Parallels

Hello Mick55,

Glad to hear that your issue has been resolved!

Feel free to reach us if you need any assistance and we will be happy to help you!

11. DrB

DrB Junior Member

My update to Parallels 9

.....won't download. I've done everything I know to do. What next

12. Maheesh@Parallels

Hi DrB,

Please let us know what exactly happens and we will help you in resolving the issue!

13. DrB

DrB Junior Member

Reinstallation solved it!

I downloaded the update directly from the home page and that would replaced what may have been a corrupted copy, don't know for sure. In any event that resolved it, and I'm up to date. Thank you!

14. Manoj@Parallels

Manoj@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hi DrB,

Glad that your issue is resolved. Feel free to reach us if you need any assistance and we will be happy to help you!