Oh, Oh, Yosemite problem...

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by StarShot, Jul 22, 2014.

1. StarShot

StarShot Member

I was in the Mavericks beta test program without any problems with my Parallels 8.x. When the beta came out for Yosemite, I enrolled also and haven't been having any problems accessing my Parallels 8.x up until today. Yesterday I installed the latest Yosemite update and now I can't get into my Parallels. When I start it, I first get a message that says "... enable hardware virtualization" for faster performance. If I click no, Parallels won't start and instead I get a message saying I have to reboot my computer.

Doing so results in the same loop if I try to start Parallels. I don't expect any support here for this problem, but I thought I should warn anyone who is messing around with the Yosemite beta that they may run into the same problem if they install the latest update.

I realize that Parallels does not yet support Yosemite, but I am wondering if I were to update my Parallels to the latest version if this problem would go away. I'm not in an emergency situation here as this problem is on my MBA which I mostly use on the OS-X side. My real reason for Parallels usage is on my iMac desktop and there I haven't updated to Yosemite and won't until the regular version comes out.

2. StarShot

StarShot Member

Decided to upgrade to Parallels 9 (which I've been considering for sometime). It corrected the problem above and now Win7 runs fine so far when installed on a Yosemite OS Beta base.

The $50 solution!!!