ethernet connection between MBP retina (thunderbolt adapter) and ethernet camera

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by ridindave, Jul 22, 2014.

1. ridindave

ridindave Bit poster

Hello people,

I've been running for years PD7 on a regular ethernet MBP, but champagne killed MBP and I had to buy a new retina one with the Apple thunderbolt to ethernet adapter.
    I'm now running PD9 and windows7 on this retina, and can't find a way to get a working connection between computer and my ultra slow motion camera.
    I've been reading everything I could about setting up network with PD9 but my case seems too simple to be mentioned, so I'm kinda lost...

Camera has a fixed IP (192.168.0.10) and I have a single ethernet cable between laptop and camera. I don't care about having internet inside PD9 or being able to communicate with other machines. All I really need is making my camera software get in touch with camera via this single ethernet link.

What mode should I use ? If bridged mode is the one, which type do I have to choose ? Default ? thunder bridge ? thunder ethernet ?
    I've set up windows7 to a compatible fixed IP, but whatever mode I try, my software won't find the camera...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for reading,

David

2. strells

strells Product Expert

Bridged Thunderbolt ethernet. Also check your Mac OS X network preferences. If you don't care about Internet access, make sure the thunderbolt ethernet is at the top of the list of network interfaces and that you've given it a fixed IP. Can you at least ping the camera? What were your settings with the old setup that worked?

Steve

3. ridindave

ridindave Bit poster

Hey Steve, and thanks for your help! I'll try suggested settings asap. However, I'm pretty sure I've tried this one and it didn't work…
    I can't really remember previous settings, but it was with a "normal" ethernet port (not thunderbolt adapter) and choice was probably quite easy at that time. All I remember is that IP addressing inside parallels was totally independent of OSX networking.
    For the ping, I'd love to try, but I guess I need to do this inside windows/parallel, and I'm a total virgin on such OS… Where can I find a network tool in here ?

Thanks again,

David