Blue Screen Of Death while sharing internet on windows guest OS

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by OlanrewajuL, Jul 27, 2014.

1. OlanrewajuL

OlanrewajuL Bit poster

I am currently using parallels desktop 9 for mac on my late 2013 MBP Retina running on os x 10.9 mavericks. I have a wimax USB modem that allows me to connect to the internet. Although this modem does provide a connection manager compatible for mac, it only works on os x 10.8 and below. So I installed a windows 7 vm on my parallels and installed the windows connection manager for the USB modem. After reading the knowledge base article on the parallels website, i was able to share the internet connection from the windows side and use it on the mac. Also i can share the internet from my Mac via wifi and use on my other devices e.g iPhone, iPad etc. Now I noticed that after a disconnection of the USB modem, if i connect it back and connect to the internet through the windows vm, i get the blue screen of death. I read online that this can be caused by outdated wireless driver on windows but i checked the device manager on the windows vm and i did not see any wireless adapters there. Do I need to update the wireless adapter on the mac side and if so how do i do it. Thanks.

2. Andrey@Parallels

Andrey@Parallels Bit poster

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Parallels Team.

Could you provide us with exact brand name and model of your USB modem and a Problem Report. In order to create a Problem Report, please start your Windows Virtual Machine, connect your USB modem and then use this knowledge article ( http://kb.parallels.com/en/9058 ). Please note that you will have to send us Problem Report ID that will appear in a separate window.

Thank you in advance for your time and effort.

The Parallels Team.

3. OlanrewajuL

OlanrewajuL Bit poster

The USB modem is the green packet UH350 and my problem report ID is: 47631495

4. Andrey@Parallels

Thank you very much, I have provided our Development Team with that information.

5. OlanrewajuL

OlanrewajuL Bit poster

any update on this?

6. Andrey@Parallels

Hello,

We are working on this issue in collaboration with our Development Team. I certainly will update you when information is available.

Thank you for your patience.

The Parallels Team.