Update to build 9.0.24237 Fails / No Error Messages

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by jfwhitney, Aug 5, 2014.

1. jfwhitney

jfwhitney Bit poster

I've been trying to update to build 9.0.24237, but nothing happens. No messages, and no log files that I can find. I see that one of the fixes in the new build is a an issue with Parallels Desktop 9 update failing, so how do I get the update so the update won't fail?

When I choose the Install Update option, nothing happens, no messages, and I continue to get prompted to update every time I start Parallels. I am currently on 9.0.24229.

2. cozmot

cozmot Bit poster

I have the exact same problem. I hope that Parallels will answer this soon.

3. scanbit

scanbit Bit poster

I have the exact same problem. don't download the upgrade / no error

I hope that Parallels will answer this soon.

4. VipPatel

VipPatel Bit poster

Same problem here. Perhaps it has to do with Yosemite, as most of the fixes are for that.

5. Manoj@Parallels

Manoj@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hi all,

This issue occurs if Parallels Desktop installation file was broken during the downloading process. To resolve this issue, Please follow the steps given :

1. While in Finder, click on Go menu, then click Go to Folder

2. Type in ~/Library/Parallels/Downloads and press Go

3. Locate ParallelsDesktop9.0.xxxxx.dmg.prlupd-part file and delete it (move to Trash)

4. Then try to download the update for Parallels Desktop using the Check for Updates menu again.

Please feel free to reach us, if you need any further help with this issue. We're happy to help you.

6. scanbit

scanbit Bit poster

HI Manoj D.

I followed your instructions finding myself in that route "ParallelsDesktop-9.0.24237.1028877.dmg.prlupd-part" I deleted the file (159Mb).

After restart Parallels have caused the upgrade using the Check for Updates menu again...

After clicking the download button, the window that notifies the upgrade but nothing happens more closes, nothing indicating that this goes down anything and this time (I monitored the provided folder path but not a new file is created)

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

7. Maheesh@Parallels

Maheesh@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hi All,

Please uninstall Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac : http://kb.parallels.com/116992

Note: Your Virtual machines will not be affected by this procedure - only Parallels Desktop application will be uninstalled.

Download Parallels Desktop 9 from :

http://download.parallels.com//deskt...37.1028877.dmg

This will download the latest build of Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac ( 9.0.24237 )

Install Parallels Desktop 9 again on your Mac from the downloaded package and then check how it works!

8. scanbit

scanbit Bit poster

This if (Logically) it worked, thank you very much.

Following the procedure described has been an effective and quick solution, has not lost any data.

thank you very much

9. Manoj@Parallels

Manoj@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hi Scanbit,

Glad that your issue is resolved. Feel free to reach us if you need any assistance and we will be happy to help you!

10. njmittet

njmittet Bit poster

I'm sorry, I have the exact same problem, but is not able to get the download link to work. To me it seems incomplete?

Best regards,

Nils

11. njmittet

njmittet Bit poster

The download link http://download.parallels.com//deskt...37.1028877.dmg seems to be broken?

12. njmittet

njmittet Bit poster

13. juliaplow

juliaplow Hunter