Installing Mavericks from Recovery presents a stuck screen.

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by LukeScotney, Aug 10, 2014.

1. LukeScotney

LukeScotney Bit poster

Greetings, I have yet to do VM's on a Mac, I have a few on my Windows PC but never before on a Mac so I'm very new at this.

I'm using Parallels Desktop obviously.

And when trying to install Mavericks from a Recovery Partition as in the instructions I do not get the screen seen on the instructions from the main website. Instead I see a screen with an Apple Logo on it, the message 'Recovery HD' and a bar at the bottom with the line boot: where I can type in.

Have I done something wrong here?

Screen Shot 2014-08-10 at 14.59.06.jpg

I'm running this on Mac Yosemite also.

2. Manoj@Parallels

Manoj@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hi LukeScotney,

May I know the version of Parallels Desktop you're running on your Mac? To check the version, Go to Parallels Desktop menu > Click "About Parallels Desktop".

3. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

If you are running Yosemite the recovery partition does not have Mavericks, it has Yosemite.

4. OgreSwamp

OgreSwamp Bit poster

I have Yosemite and stuck on the same screen.
    Yes, there is no mavericks on recovery partition. So how I can install Yosemite from it? I don't really care what OS X will be installed to VM, I just need OS X in my VM and I can't download installer due to slow Internet right now...
    Is there any way to install Yosemite from recovery partition?
    Darwin bootloader has a "console" soo I can input some commands. But I don't know what to type there.