1. ENDEAVOUR

ENDEAVOUR Bit poster

I am trying to get my free trial. So far i have got the free code and it says my trail is activated, however, when i start windows, all i get is a text box with loads of text in it, i also get a box saying that my virtual machine as no software installed.

Any ideas anyone ?

Cheers Colin

2. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

Parallels does not come with Windows preinstalled, you have to acquire Windows separately. Parallels Desktop is just an application that allows you to run Virtual Machines, it doesn't come with teh Operating Systems. If you are just testing the software you can use Microsoft 90 days Windows trials: https://technet.microsoft.com/evalcenter/hh699156.aspx

3. ENDEAVOUR

ENDEAVOUR Bit poster

Thankyou, the trial asks you which operating system you are using, there is no option for IOS so i can't continue the installation .

4. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  5. ENDEAVOUR

ENDEAVOUR Bit poster

No sorry i mean i have a Macbook Pro

6. ENDEAVOUR

ENDEAVOUR Bit poster

No sorry I've spent to much time on this already still not getting anyplace. You should not have to go through all of this to get a trial. If its this messed up then i can't imagine the proper thing being any good. Its a bad omen. Il try another site

Cheers Colin

7. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

o_O
    ... Good luck!

For reference, VirtualBox and VMWare Fusion use pretty much the same basic principles of installation, if you are not willing to get immersed on how virtualization apps basically work, you won't be getting anywhere any time soon.

I also feel like I spent too much time on this thread for nothing. I should have known it was bad omen when a user thinks a virtualization app comes with Windows preinstalled! :D

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014