P10 - Missing Win7 Shared Drives on OSX Desktop

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by GrinningShark, Aug 20, 2014.

1. GrinningShark

GrinningShark Junior Member

In P9, drives shared from a VM to the OSX host would appear on my desktop. However in P10, they don't. They appear in finder under favorites. The settings seem to indicate that they should appear on my desktop, however I cannot get them to appear on my desktop. Any ideas or is this a bug?

2. William Vayens

William Vayens Bit poster

Having the same problem here after upgrading to P10

3. William Vayens

Parallels support recommended reinstalling parallels tools...this didn't solve the problem.

4. Abdul@Parallels

Abdul@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi All,

Please generate a Problem Report ID and provide us the Problem Report number as suggested at http://kb.parallels.com/9058, so we can check it for you.

5. William Vayens

Parallels #1958178]

6. William Vayens

Spent about 40 minutes with tech support on this today after their initial suggestion to reinstall parallel tools didn't solve the problem. The were able to duplicate the problem, but not solve it. It's been bumped up to the development team for investigation.

7. Nicholas_G

Nicholas_G Junior Member

Same issues here. Followed the same steps as well. No resolution to fix the issue. I assume this will be remedied with a software update/patch release.

8. William Vayens

That's my understanding too. Fortunately, at least for me, these drives do appear under Favorites in Finder so it's just an extra step to access them.

9. Manoj@Parallels

Manoj@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hi all,

We have escalated your issue to our Development Team for further investigation. If a fix is available it will be included in an upcoming software update, however they do not share an ETA for a fix until one is available. To enable automatic updates, from the Parallels Desktop Menu, select Preferences > General > Download Updates Automatically.

We appreciate your time and patience.

10. Hermand

Hermand Bit poster

I'm afraid that the 10.0.1 update does NOT solve the problem, please try again.

11. Manoj@Parallels

Manoj@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hi Hermand,

Please generate a Problem Report ID as suggested at http://kb.parallels.com/9058 and provide us the ID number, so we can check it for you.

12. Hermand

Hermand Bit poster

A problem report with the ID number 49298321 has been sent to Parallels to help us improve the product. Thank you for your feedback.

13. Hermand

Hermand Bit poster

I'm afraid that the 10.0.2 update does NOT solve the problem, please try again. BTW no reaction whatsoever on my problem report.