Parallels 10 - Windows 7 Problem

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by ShayneC, Aug 20, 2014.

1. ShayneC

ShayneC Bit poster

I have just upgraded to Version 10 and now find that sound doesn't work anymore. All i get is a poping sound when any audio is played.

Does anyone have a fix or ideas ?

Thanks

2. Andres Tamez

Andres Tamez Bit poster

I just updated also my Parallels from V.9 to V.10 and what a surprise..... my windows it's not running any more!!! Screen Shot 2014-08-20 at 4.34.48 PM.png I need a solution ASAP!!!!

3. ImmoCo

ImmoCo Bit poster

Same story here .. Window 7 32-Bit does not start anymore and Parallels sends multiple times crash data back home.

Page-01.jpg

4. SS2014

SS2014 Bit poster

I too have this issue. Just crashes and complains of a critical error. Had to restore to Version 9.

5. Modulus

Modulus Bit poster

I am also experiencing the loss of audio and loud popping sounds regardless of system volume. The only way to get rid of the popping is to (within your Windows VM) go to Control Panel -> Sound -> select the "Sounds" tab -> select "No Sounds" from the Sound Scheme drop down box. You now have no audio but the popping goes away.

I also tried importing my Windows 7 Pro x86 VM into other VM software and it functions properly without any issues. Hopefully Parallels will take this seriously and correct major issues quickly.

6. EllwoodN

EllwoodN Hunter

I also get the popping sounds. What is odd though, I only get the popping sound with
    PD10 on my Macbook Pro, but all works fine on my iMac. Both systems running 10.9.4.
    ???

However, I don't have any other issues at this point.

7. ZBoater

ZBoater Member

I'm running OS 10.9.4 on a MacBook Air and both Win 7 32 and 64 are working. What hardware/OS version are you guys running?

8. Modulus

Modulus Bit poster

I'm running Parallels 10 on a MacBook Pro 8,2 with OS X 10.9.4. 512GB SSD installed and 16GB of RAM.

The VM with audio popping is Windows 7 Pro x86.

9. ImmoCo

ImmoCo Bit poster

10. Manoj@Parallels

Manoj@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing & glad that your issue is fixed. Feel free to reach us, if you need any further help with Parallels.

11. Manoj@Parallels

Manoj@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hi ShayneC,

Please generate a Problem Report ID as suggested at http://kb.parallels.com/9058 and provide us the PR ID, so we can check it for you.

12. Modulus

Modulus Bit poster

My first installation of Parallels 10 was an upgrade of Parallels 9 (from 6, 7 and 8). I then completely uninstalled Parallels 10 (all files & folders spread across the system) and reinstalled fresh. My audio popping issues are no longer present.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
  13. DavidBne

DavidBne Bit poster

I am having the same issue with no sound. Standard parallels troubleshooting for sound issues does not correct the problem.

14. Nathan_Wendt

Nathan_Wendt Bit poster

For me, the automatic sharing of web cameras was already disabled, but the sharing of bluetooth devices was not. When I unchecked the sharing of bluetooth devices, the no audio/popping issue resolved itself. This worked after I had already tried changing audio settings both on and within the Windows 7 VM.

15. ShayneC

ShayneC Bit poster

Problem Report ID is 53231808, this is still happening even after the latest update