Parallels 10 (share MAC applications) doesn't scan app subfolders

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by yashijoe, Aug 20, 2014.

1. yashijoe

yashijoe Bit poster

Some Mac apps, like Adobe Acrobat, use subfolders as you can check in finder/applications.
    It seems that the new Parallels 10, when sharing mac apps with windows, doesn't care about mac apps in subfolders.

Thanks

2. yashijoe

yashijoe Bit poster

I'm back to Parallels 9 and everything works fine, so problem is just of Parlalles 10.
    Let me know when it will be solved, right now no one replied to this post.
    Thanks

3. Ram@Parallels

Ram@Parallels Parallels Support

4. KerwinS

KerwinS Bit poster

Moved Acrobat out of the Subfolder into the main applications folder and reinstalled Parallels Tools. It made no difference - the virtual machine still could not find Acrobat for the mac. I would appreciate any help.

5. Xelon.UA

Xelon.UA Bit poster

I have a similar problem. Is not possible to open documents using word and excel for mac from Windows 8.1 applications as are located in the subfolder Microsoft Office 2011

6. yashijoe

yashijoe Bit poster

Hello Ram,

after your post I've tried your solution.
    I've unistalled Parallels 9
    I've reinstalled Parallels 10 (the last version you linked me)
    When windows was loaded it asked to install parallels tools. I've installed it.
    Because the problem of shared application was not solved, I've unistalled the parallels tools and installed again. It doesn't work.
    I've also tried to switch off and on again the applications sharing. It doesn't work.

Parallels 10 continues not to look into subfolders of Mac application.
    Also we cannot move MS Office apps out of office folder because they do not work anymore.

Here enclose 2 pics of Paralles 9 an 10 shared folder that I took. As you can see parallels 9 is even not the latest update. But it still works.
    Thanks

Parallels 9.png
    Parallels 10.png

7. yashijoe

yashijoe Bit poster

---edit---
    double post
    sorry

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  8. bobbyt

bobbyt Hunter

I came to the forum today specifically because I'm having the exact same problem.

This is a definite bug. I'm using 10.0.1-27695 with Windows 7 and none of the programs in sub-folders show up...

I don't know why it always seems every time I pay for a Parallels upgrade, I end up paying for less features....

9. Abdul@Parallels

Abdul@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi All,

Our Engineers are aware of this issue. And will be fixed in the upcoming builds.
    Please subscribe to http://kb.parallels.com/122720 , so you will be notified once new build for Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac has been released.

10. yashijoe

yashijoe Bit poster

New build came out, but there's no mention about this problem, so I do not understand if has been solved.
    Thank you.

11. Craig_Borsack

Craig_Borsack Bit poster

The new release did not fix the issue.

12. yashijoe

yashijoe Bit poster

Thanks, hope to see it solved before Parallels 11.

13. Nick_Hopkins

Nick_Hopkins Bit poster

Are there any work arounds for this? I want to use the office install on my Mac on my Win7 virtual machine. Is the only reason I've downloaded Parallels, will not be buying an activation key if this isn't possible

14. yashijoe

yashijoe Bit poster

No. You can temporary copy World/Excel/etc outside of the Office but you will face other problems.
    Now I'm testing last version that came out yesterday (ParallelsDesktop-10.1.0-28600) I let you know.
    In the update summary I do not understand once again if they've solved this issue.

15. yashijoe

yashijoe Bit poster

ParallelsDesktop-10.1.0-28600
    It's seems to me that the problem is solved.
    I got all the virtual link (exe) to mac apps in the folder ""c:\Users\user.name\AppData\Roaming\Parallels\Shared Applications" .
    Also xml/doc/etc from Windows are correctly opened with Office for Mac.
    Please everybody report feedback.

16. Nick_Hopkins

Nick_Hopkins Bit poster

Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to update without purchasing a key.

17. yashijoe

yashijoe Bit poster

I cannot help you, I've purchased PD10 at day zero (maybe was better to wait few fixing updates..)

18. Richard_van_der_Ven

Richard_van_der_Ven Bit poster

I encounter the same issue: the Microsoft apps on my Mac do not appear in the Shared applications list in my Windows guest OS. This used to work under Parallels 9. I have the latest patch installed (Version 10.1.0 (28600)) and used http://forum.parallels.com/threads/...st-of-mac-shared-applications-on-win7.323027/ to try to restore the missing apps, however no luck. Anyone who succeeded in fixing this issue?

19. Nick_Hopkins

Nick_Hopkins Bit poster

So I've purchased a key so have a full copy of the software and it is now showing MS Office within the Win7 VM, however when I run Excel for example it just opens back within the mac environment, acting as little more then a shortcut, I wanted office and the other Mac apps to actually open within the Win7 VM environment, is this possible?
    Thants

20. Nick_Hopkins

Nick_Hopkins Bit poster

Can anyone confirm if I should be able to run Mac installed apps within the windows 7 virtual environment??