Upgraded to V10: now Windows desktop icons either do not show or are on both desktops

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by BlaineD, Aug 21, 2014.

1. BlaineD

BlaineD Bit poster

I upgraded to V10 which overall went fine. However, after restarting my Windows VM my desktop icons were gone. However, the files are still there in the User folder. I could not fix this other than to recopy from my desktop file on disk back to the desktop. However, after I did so now my desktop items show on both the Windows and Mac desktops. There used to be a setting for this under Options but I cannot find it.

Has anyone solved this issue?

2. Digdug

Digdug Junior Member

Have not solved it, but having the same problem, along with a bundle of others.

3. DanielVidic

DanielVidic Bit poster

I have the same problem. It occured when I changed from 'Productivity' to 'Software developement' in General Configuration.

4. Digdug

Digdug Junior Member

Yeah, this particular problem seems to be caused by mapping the Mac desktop user folder to windows. I got it back to normal by unselecting the Desktop option in Options->Sharing->Share Mac->Configure...

After a windows restart, my desktop was pretty much back to normal. Some icons were left on my Mac desktop & all the missing ones are back.

Did I miss this in the release notes?