Remove Parallels 10 from new MBP

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by AlanRoberts, Aug 23, 2014.

1. AlanRoberts

AlanRoberts Bit poster

Hello - I installed version 10 on a new MBP (no prior version installed on the HDD). Windows 8 desktop will no open and overall is very erratic. How do I uninstall Parallels completely ? I am thinking that I should use BootCamp first.

Thanks

2. EllwoodN

EllwoodN Hunter

The problem may be the fact that only the upgrade version is currently available?
    The full version is not going to be available until later.

3. Abdul@Parallels

Abdul@Parallels Parallels Support

4. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

The same .dmg serves for complete new installations, upgrade and trial. The difference is only via the license key.

5. Nicholas_G

Nicholas_G Junior Member

Do you have any anti0virus installed in the VM or on the Mac? Can you explain in better detail what errors you're getting, or how things are behaving erratically?

6. jamesarm97

jamesarm97 Bit poster

i have had similar problems. I have had windows lockups more since updating to 10 than any other time. Windows becomes slow then unresponsive and won't shut down. Programs that I use all the time acting weird.

7. Manoj@Parallels

Manoj@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hi James,

Plz generate a Problem Report via Parallels Help menu and post the report ID here. We'll check it for you.

Refer to this article for more details http://kb.parallels.com/9058