Parallels 10 Citrix Reciver Clipboard Bug

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by NavidM, Aug 26, 2014.

1. NavidM

NavidM Bit poster

I run hosted applications through Citrix Receiver running on Mac OS X Mavericks. I used to be able to copy text from Windows applications running under Citrix Receiver on Mac OS X and paste them into my BootCamp Windows 8.1 installation running under Parallels 9 for Mac.

With Parallels 10, the copied text from applications in Citrix Receiver are not available on the Windows VM. They are however available to Mac OS X (and if your paste into and recopy from Mac OS X, it they will be available in the Windows 8.1 Bootcamp/Parallels VM.

Using Mac OS X as a go between is not an option as rich text format is altered. Also running Citrix under Windows VM is not an option as resources are limited and there are incompatibilities between Citrix Receiver and Nuance's Dragon software that repeatedly crashes.

Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks,

NM

2. Eugene@Parallels

Eugene@Parallels Banned

Hi NavidM,

Please check for updates first, you may do that for example like that:

When virtual machine is running, please click on the two parallel lines on the top -> Check for updates
    If there is an update -> Please install it.

Secondary, please reinstall Parallels Tools: Actions -> Reinstall Parallels Tools, when VM is running.

3. NavidM

NavidM Bit poster

I had already checked for updates. I had also already uninstalled and reinstalled, and removed and reinstalled Parallels tools and followed the instructions from Support before posting here.

I really would like to know if other users can reproduce the problem. This is a show-stopper bug for me.

4. NavidM

NavidM Bit poster

Eugene: Support emailed me a link to a newer build that corrected the bug. Just for kicks I tried updating through Parallels but I could not see any newer builds.

It took only about 72 hours from report to resolution. Not bad at all!

The bug is corrected.

Thanks!

5. Eugene@Parallels

Eugene@Parallels Banned

Hi,

Thanks for posting. I will check the update procedure as well,

Appreciate your cooperation!

6. goldstrat

goldstrat Bit poster

Where is the link to this latest build? I am having the same problem with Mac to Windows clipboard transfer. I don't see any updates available via Check for Updates.

7. Eugene@Parallels

Eugene@Parallels Banned