PD10: Outlook 2013 unread email indicator problem

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by DoniK, Aug 27, 2014.

1. DoniK

DoniK Hunter

PD10 latest
    Win8.1
    Office 2013 Standard
    Exchange account (Office 365)

I love the idea of PD10 showing Outlook 2013's unread mail in the dock icon. However, the count doesn't seem to be working: it shows 1355 no matter what. It's not based on inbox because that has 0 unread. It's not based on total folders because they have many more than 1355 unread. No number combinations seem to add up to 1355. If I mark any unread as read or vv., nothing changes.

Is there something I should be doing to reset the indicator? Does this feature work?

Thanks

2. DoniK

DoniK Hunter

Actually, some new messages came in and the count went up to 1362. I just marked ALL as unread and the count is now back down to 1358. So I'm confused to how it's counting things, seems to be a bug somewhere.

EDIT: I'm going to open a support ticket.

3. DoniK

DoniK Hunter

I figured it out. It's also counting unread messages in any Exchange shared mailboxes. Which is silly and also makes the feature useless. Ok, good to know.

Stephen_Patton likes this.
  4. Stephen_Patton

Stephen_Patton Bit poster

Thanks!!!! This solved my problem as well.

5. Akshatha M

Akshatha M Junior Member

Hi,
    Outlook 2013 automatically switches the email list view type based on the email list width. Just decrease the width of email list to restore the Read/Unread Indicator.

If you want to make changes how email list behaves do the following:

1. Click View tab on Ribbon
    2. on the left side of the tab click View Settings
    3. Advanced View Settings pops out. Click Other settings
    4. On Other Settings window go to bottom and under Other Options should be the option Use compact layout in widths smaller than 100 characters. Change the number to adjust the display settings or uncheck the option and choose a setting from two options below: Always use single-line layout or Always use compact layout.