Is it possible to run parallel access on another mac?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by zhiyiw, Aug 28, 2014.

1. zhiyiw

zhiyiw Bit poster

I have an iMac and a Macbook Air. It would be very convenient if I can use the windows applications in the imac from my macbook air. As we all know, running virtual machine is very power consuming so it would be very nice if I can access the applications in my iMac just like what parallel access does in iPad.
    I have tried using VNC to solve this problem but VNC is relatively slow so it is not a very satisfactory solution. So if parallel access can be run on my macbook air as it does on the Ipad, it will be very helpful.

MatthewR20 and Specimen like this.
  2. Abdul@Parallels

Abdul@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi zhiyiw,

As of now it is not possible.

It sounds like a cool idea but Parallels Access is designed in the way to remotely access Mac/PC with the Handheld devices.

We will pass this on to the concern team as a feature request.

MatthewR20 likes this.
  3. Akshatha M

Akshatha M Junior Member

hi,\

Parallels Access's "home screen" for desktop apps ... that lets you remote into another computer and essentially run it over a network or Internet connection.

4. Michael_Steele

Michael_Steele Bit poster

Yes, it seems like it would be straight forward to develop a OS X based client so that we could access our computers remotely from another computer. Some work just isn't conducive to mobile devices. This would let me use Parallels Access to replace Chrome Desktop/Logmein.com.

5. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

I too support this idea, doesn't make sense that I have to have both PA and Teamviewer running on a Mac so I can access it from any device, in the end this makes Teamviewer win.