Where can I get windows 8 for mac

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by SyedKazmi, Aug 29, 2014.

1. SyedKazmi

SyedKazmi Bit poster

Hi,

Where can i get the windows 8 for mac? Should I just buy a normal windows 8 from the microsoft website? or does the file need to be in a different format?

Regards,

2. Ram@Parallels

Ram@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello SyedKazmi,

You need to buy normal Windows 8 as you mentioned above and you can purchase Windows installation disc or .iso disk image, you can purchase Windows on a DVD disc from many retail stores that sell software or online from retailers such as Amazon.com or the Microsoft Online Store.

For Windows 8 or 8.1, you can use either the Full Product purchased at retail, or you can purchase the Windows 8 or 8.1 OEM System Builder version and use it in accordance with Microsoft Personal Use Rights. Please be advised that if you choose Windows 8 or 8.1 OEM System Builder Personal Use Rights, you will receive limited support from Microsoft as set forth here: http://personaluselicense.windows.com/en-US/default.aspx

For earlier versions of Windows, you should purchase the Full Product from a Microsoft authorized retailer.

3. Leif11

Leif11 Bit poster

Where to get Windows 7 for Parallels 10

I would like to use Windows 7, but I cannot find the full version. Amazon has OEM. Microsoft store will only sell Windows 8. Do you have a suggestion? Thanks.