Just purchased Parallels 10, but i HATE the new menu bar, why is it so large?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by cbyriel, Sep 1, 2014.

1. cbyriel

cbyriel Bit poster

Hi All.

Just purchased parallels 10 desktop for mac, and installed it on my yosemite (latest build), and it runs great. Howver, there is one VERY VERY anoying thing, and that is when running in window mode (running bootcamp and windows 7 x64) the new top bar on the window (with all the icons for activity and such) is for some reason that i don't get REALLY large. i think it is designed this way, and it is not a mistake, howver, it is extremely annoying, that it's not possible to ajust it, make it smaller. The more minimalistic the better, i think. Right now it just takes up pixels that i could have used on other stuff. Also i noticed the fonts are very big, in the menu bar (and in the window before starting the VM. Parallels doesn't follow the system fonts and size, which is very annoying, especially when you have alot of windows, and on a laptop, but even at my 27" imac, it's still rediciously large..

Anyone have some tips, if not: Parallels: could you PLEASE make an option for making the menu bar on the window standard size, and while you're at it, make a option completely to remove the buttons on the menu bar as well (like i could with the bar in the bottom in earlyer versions) this really annoys me.

otherwise than that - great product keep up the good work!

i have attached a picture comparing it with a normal style window Screen Shot 2014-09-01 at 13.25.40.PNG Screen Shot 2014-09-01 at 13.27.04.PNG

2. Ram@Parallels

Ram@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello Cbyriel,
    You can hide the icons on on the top menu bar and you can make Parallels control center smaller.
    1. Click on re size icon on top right hand side to make control center smaller.
    2. Click on Left arrow icon beside "Cogwheel icon" on the top menu bar to hide icons on the menu bar. Please check the image below. info.jpg