URGENT HELP PLEASE: Just bought Parallel 10 but cannot install Windows 7

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by StephanieE, Sep 1, 2014.

1. StephanieE

StephanieE Bit poster

Hello,

I just bought Parallel 10,and have been trying to install windows 7 , but it is not working at all.

Went through the steps as described, then it shows a window saying 'Starting window' and gets stuck on this for ages (more than an hour).

Have also try unchecking 'express' install as advised by Parallel, but the same result.

Urgently need some help please. Using Macbook pro.

Thanks in advance,
    Stephanie

2. Mervin@Parallels

Mervin@Parallels Guest

Hello StephanieE,

Please check the installation media using which you are trying to install Windows 7. If the installation media is an .iso image file or using CD/DVD, make sure it works fine by checking it on any other computer. Also while installing Windows 7, uncheck the Express Installation option again and try to install it.

Please follow the steps as suggested at: http://kb.parallels.com/4729 to install Windows.

If still the issue persists, try using different installation media and check how it goes.

3. StephanieE

StephanieE Bit poster

Hello Mervin,

Thanks for your answer.

I have tried to install Windows 7 from three different sources, via usb boot and iso, but every time, it is given me problems.

I have also unchecked the Express Installation option as well, the same problem.

It seems to be installing,but then suddenly, it hangs, or it is given me a message saying 'required files are missing, or corrupt.. I know the files are working fine and I have use them to install on other PC machines.

Any other ideas? I downloaded Parallels 10 from the link sent to me.

Tearing my hair out here. Be working on this for two days.

Your help would be most grateful,
    Stephanie

4. 10dial

10dial Bit poster

5. Eugene@Parallels

Eugene@Parallels Banned

Hi,

from the symptoms described,
    most likely the media is corrupted. Please try to find another installation media and try with it.