How to bypass administrator password on Windows 7 to install Transporter on work PC

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by citizen55555, Sep 1, 2014.

1. citizen55555

citizen55555 Bit poster

I have a huge crappy work pc running Windows 7. I use it to send orders in for work through a VPN. I want to clone the pc and use my Macbook Pro using Parallels but I can't install Transporter on the work PC because I don't have admin privileges. I've been poking around settings and trying to guess the password but they keep it locked down pretty tight. My question is how can I clone my work pc without admin privileges? Also, assuming its possible and I can get it to work what happens when they push an update to my work pc? Will the virtual machine get the update or will it be isolated? If they try to remote into my system using Teamviewer will it control my old work pc and the virtual one or just the old one?

Thanks

2. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

You are asking how to circumvent a security measure imposed on your work computer by your employer.
    I'm afraid I can't help you with that for many reasons.

I suggest you contact your IT dept. and ask them to install Transporter.

3. Eugene@Parallels

Eugene@Parallels Banned

Hi,

as Specimen said, you should install Transporter like any soft - with IT department permission as the path you would like to find is not secured.

Also, here is some additional info:

1) If you migrate your PC to the virtual machine -> you can use only one of it, as 1 Windows license is for 1 PC
    2) virtual machine will be OUT of your corporate network -> so it won't be updated once there will be an update in your corporate network.
    3) virtual machine is a separate computer with no relation to the source PC, so nothing will be synchronized.