V10 hangs at startup duing bios type display

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Colin_w, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Colin_w

Colin_w Bit poster

Hi, I have upgraded from v9 to v10 and have been having a problem when trying to start Windows 7. It hangs at the bios style black screen at the very start of loading the virtual machine.
    Numerous restarts were getting me past this spot, but I have to use the "stop" menu option every time to exit the hung system. Now it isn't letting me in at all. What should I do now? Is there an available update to fix all the starting bugs in this version? If not can I switch back to V9? I am using a Macbook pro 11,3.
    Thanks for any help.
    Colin

2. Colin_w

Colin_w Bit poster

Oops sorry, just noticed that I've posted this in the wrong place.

3. Colin_w

Colin_w Bit poster

Phoned tech support and was able to get a resolution. The phone number for Australia isn't the easiest to find on the Parallels web site. Ended up googling "Parallels phone support Australia" and found the number. Spent an hour with a helpful support guy. For completeness sake this was his resolution report...

1. Tried to access Windows Virtual Machine getting error message " Physical Memory Installed"
    2. Able to Mount Windows.pvm file by right clicking on it.
    3. Created empty Virtual Machine and mapped Windows.hdd file as secondary hard disk
    4. Started Windows Virtual Machine, installed Parallels Tools and was able to fix the issue.

Tech support pretty good once you can locate them :)