Can't download excel pdf fom internet to parallel windows 8.1 for Microsoft excel

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by MitchHart, Sep 3, 2014.

1. MitchHart

MitchHart Bit poster

I was able to download it while running on OS even though I have Microsoft Office 2011 for mac. The download is from blackboard and is a 2013 edition for windows. When I try downloading it, it says file cannot be found. Any suggestions?

2. Eugene@Parallels

Eugene@Parallels Banned

Hi,

could you please specify the use-case in more details?

are you trying to download an application for converting excel files to pdf ?
    is there an internet connection issue on the virtual machine's side?
    what exactly you are trying to do and how?

basically "file cannot be found" message states that there is no file in the path. Try to find the needed app/file on another source.

3. Eugene@Parallels

Eugene@Parallels Banned

Hi,

could you please specify the use-case in more details?

are you trying to download an application for converting excel files to pdf ?
    is there an internet connection issue on the virtual machine's side?
    what exactly you are trying to do and how?

basically "file cannot be found" message states that there is no file in the path. Try to find the needed app/file on another source.

4. MitchHart

MitchHart Bit poster

I'm trying to download it, it is a PDF file and it says it cannot be found when I try opening it through windows. It opens while in mac though.

5. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

And anything else you download from the internet on this virtual machine works, except that one PDF?

If you can download or view pages on the internet in this VM, but just not this PDF, make sure the address you typed in is exactly the same as you did in OS X.

If you cannot, refer to the network troubleshooting guide in my signature.

6. avonni

avonni Bit poster

Same issue here. :/