SmartMouse Dual Pointer

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by KrisMcC, Sep 5, 2014.

1. KrisMcC

KrisMcC Bit poster

Hi,

I have a problem in Parallels 10 with Win 8.1 with the mouse. If i turn SmartMouse to Auto-Detect for games, the pointer behaves normally and its pretty good in the windows environment.

I primarily want to use 3D apps like Motionbuilder and Vicon (A MOCAP program) with 3D windows that you pan, dolly, and generally move around the scene using your mouse. With the SmartMouse set to Auto-detect when i try and perform these actions it goes at an incredible rate thats far too sensitive and you end up miles away from your scene with a tiny shift of the mouse.
    - See this video: (http://youtu.be/vlfx7KQ_PsQ

So, i set SmartMouse to Optimize for games but with this enabled, across the whole interface (windows included) i see 2 mouse pointers that flicker constantly and move toward and away from each other which makes it unusable and i need to quit parallels to regain control. When i have tried to align my pointer to the pan controls in motionbuilder however the scroll/pan rate is as you would expect in native windows which is what im after! See this video: [video=youtube_share;ANcVnpCcvHg]http://youtu.be/ANcVnpCcvHg[/video]

I have tried reinstalling parallels tools to no avail and tried different mice. (i have a logitech performance MX)

Had a bit search on the forums for the issue but it appears to be "reinstall parallels tools" which in my case doesnt work.

Any Ideas?

2. serv

serv Forum Maven

Just tried Motionbuilder 2013 and it worked just fine.
    With double pointer visible on screen, can you generate a Problem report via Parallels Help menu and post report ID here?

3. KrisMcC

KrisMcC Bit poster

Hi Serv,

Apologies for the delay in reply, been away on business i have report ID 50413042.

4. MichaelS3

MichaelS3 Bit poster

Hi all,
    I have a similar problem with MotionBuilder running under Parallels and Windows 7 on the Mac Pro canisters in CalArts computer animation labs. I am working on my laptop at home at the moment (which is running MotionBuilder under Bootcamp with normal mouse interaction) thus I cannot make use of the Parallels help menu to make a formal report).

Has a solution to the hyper sensitive mouse issue using the MotionBuilder rotation manipulator been found?

Thanks,

Michael