1. orman21

orman21 Member

where are the logs for loggins and remote access ?

2. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

You probably need to be more specific, logs are usually accessible via console.app.

3. orman21

orman21 Member

console.app? looking for failed logs attempt and successful as well

4. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

5. orman21

orman21 Member

someone login into you machine via pa

6. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

By 'pa' I'll just assume you mean Parallels Access, as I don't intend to endure this cat and mouse chase any longer. If you can't be bothered to be more specific don't expect people to actually invest time in helping you.

As said, use Console.app, use spotlight to find the app, use the built-in search of the app to find relevant logs.

The 'pa' forum is here: http://forum.parallels.com/forumdisplay.php?718-Parallels-Access

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
  7. orman21

orman21 Member

sorry you feel that way, i assume those willing to help use common sense, yes pa is parallel access. i thought i said logging remote to my machine via pa? what else is needed, OR does PA logs access, i do know if notifies the first time someone logs via a machine via email but what about failed atTEMPS by someone else

i am brief and typos bc i am writing from mobile

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
  8. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

There are no logs of failed attempts, they never reach the Mac.
    As you should know, you have to login on the mobile app using your email and password to access the Mac, a failed attempt would be using the wrong password while logging in to the cloud PA service and that never reaches the computer. That's the same as someone trying to log in to your webmail account by trying different passwords, you never know about it.

About common sense:
    Common sense is to not make too many assumptions, common sense would be to not assume this question would be related to Parallels Access since this isn't the Parallels Access forum. Also, common sense tells that the more relevant information you give the better will be the quality of the reply, and everyone loses less time going back and forth even if it takes longer to type on a mobile phone the first time.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014