V10 performance

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Franzel, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Franzel

Franzel Bit poster

Anybody else having performance issues with V10. E.g. using the latest Chrome beta (Version 38.0.2125.58 beta-m (64-bit)) is a very unpleasant experience. Scrolling is unresponsive and pages rendering very slowly.

V9 was running very smooth in all aspects, V10.0.2 (27712) is often slow and sometimes unresponsive for several seconds.

Already send error report with all needed logs.

(10.9.4 on latest MacbookPRO with maximum specs, VM 4 cores, 8 GB, W8.1 in retina mode (200%))

2. Ethanku

Ethanku Bit poster

Similar Issues... Retina Mode

Just bought Parallels 10 and having similar issues. When out of retina mode, everything runs very quickly. But in retina mode, office apps, like Word, are very sluggish. Things look blurry out of retina mode so it would be nice if this worked... I'm running a 13 inch macbook pro with 16gb of ram and the nicest i5 processor. 2 cores and 8gb are allocated to the virtual machine, along with a gb of video memory.

Any ideas?

3. Franzel

Franzel Bit poster

4. Ethanku

Ethanku Bit poster

5. Ethanku

Ethanku Bit poster

I tried this with a trial version of PD9 and saw no improvement... Am I setting things up incorrectly?

6. Abdul@Parallels

Abdul@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi All,

Please Go to Virtual Machine Configure (http://kb.parallels.com/117287) -> General -> Change Configure for : to "Productivity"
    And let us know how it goes.

7. Ethanku

Ethanku Bit poster

This is actually one of the first things I did. I started with it in developer mode and then switched to productivity and noticed a boost in performance despite the fact that I was allocating less ram. I imagine this has something to do with virtualization being turned off? However, even in productivity mode, the performance while in retina mode is very sluggish. Right now I'm just leaving it out of retina mode and am very pleased with hows its performing but it would be nice if it looked good as well.

Thank you for your help!
    Ethan Kusters