Please help - trouble with OS 10.6.8

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by Seneca, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Seneca

Seneca Bit poster

THE SCENARIO
    Here's the scenario:

• I am trying to install Windows 8 as a virtual machine on OSX 10.6.8
    • I am using Parallels 8.0.18619
    • I am installing from an ISO file that I created with a PC (from an original Windows 8 retail copy)
    THE PROBLEM
    Once I get through the basics, and Windows starts installing, I get the following error message:

Screen shot 2014-09-11 at 3.21.25 PM.png

That is, "Windows cannot read the <ProductKey> settings from the unattend answer file." I click on the button and then Windows tries to install again until the error message appears again.

ACTIONS TAKEN
    I followed the instructions here: http://kb.parallels.com/116238. Here's what I've done:

1. Removed the current virtual machine, then went through the New Virtual Machine installation wizard to create a new Virtual Machine. I made sure my Windows product key was valid and that I typed it correctly in "Product key" field. THAT DIDN'T WORK.
    2. Removed the current virtual machine, then cleared the "this version requires product key" checkbox. THAT DIDN'T WORK.
    Thanks in advance for any tips!

2. Seneca

Seneca Bit poster

Anyone? Still hoping to get help with this.

3. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

Well, for a start you are posting on the wrong section of the forum, this is for OS X guest VMs, not Windows VMs.

Just turn off/untick the Express Install option when setting up the VM (the window where it asks for the license key before installing).