Thread: Exiting fullscreen mode and auto hiding the parallels application?

Bit Poster

Default Exiting fullscreen mode and auto hiding the parallels application?

Thread was moved from "General Discussions > User Solutions and Workarounds" to "Parallels Desktop for Mac > Installation and Configuration in Mac OS".
    Stacey M

Hey all.

I'm looking for a way to exit the parallels full screen, and have it hide the parallels window automatically.

I hit my hotkeys to exit the vm fullscreen, and it does the animation right to another copy of the stretched parallels window.... with the exact same image of the xp session, except with a toolbar up top.

Anyways, it's just a waste of the animation if I say so myself. I'm better off just command-tabbing to get back to osx.

Appreciate all comments.
    Last edited by Stacey M; Sep 18, 2007 at 03:12 AM.

Bit Poster

I want parallels to animate into my mac osx desktop when I use my hotkey.

How can nobody else be wanting the same thing... it seems pretty basic to me....

I want the same thing. I dont want to see parallels unless its in full screen. There has got to be a way to do this... autohide or something.

Kilo Poster

Default Fullscreen - this may help.

Like any other application, type "command - H", this will take the fullscreen Windows XP desktop and remove it leaving the Mac OS X desktop, to return to Windows go to dock and click the Parallels icon and Windows XP will return to full screen.

I myself am not having alot of success with the tab feature, sometimes it works, sometimes it does not, seems to work on boot or return of main Windows desktop, but not after using any program in XP for extended periods of time.

Bit Poster

Yea thats what I've been doing.

I just figured maybe we could bind the animation to command-h or something like that. Is this possible?

i'm with you all. i'd like to see these have hot keys to be able to animate back and fourth between the two with easy and a nice hot key combo.

it would be sweet if it would auto hide this window when youreturn to osx as well. this would help out workflow a TON!!!

PARALLELS HELP!!!

Tera Poster

Kilo Poster

Using virtuedesktop you can set up parallels on its own desktop and then flip from one to other in full screen mode, very very cool.

Bit Poster

Quote Originally Posted by philnewts
    Using virtuedesktop you can set up parallels on its own desktop and then flip from one to other in full screen mode, very very cool.
    quoted for emphasis.
    This worked perfectly.