Clicking VM > Send Keys does nothing

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by armin_06, Oct 17, 2006.

1. armin_06

armin_06 Bit poster

I installed the latest build of Parallels and since then I am not able to login to my Win XP.

I start the VM and i get the Windows logon dialog. I go to the menu and click VM > Send Keys > Ctrl + Alt + Del and nothing happens.

The Ctrl + Alt + Del dialog remains as is. I have tried all permutations and combonations. Can't figure out what went wrong.

Pleaseeeeee HELP!

-A

2. jrobcet

jrobcet Junior Member

Try pressing ctrl+alt and then press fn and delete.

3. armin_06

armin_06 Bit poster

Tried that as well. It does not work. :-(

4. msnowman

msnowman Bit poster

I'm having the same problem. Can't get into any of my virtual machines after installing 3036.

Did you ever find a way to get it into the virtual machines?

I'm using a macbook pro.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2006
  5. msnowman

msnowman Bit poster

armin_06

Did you happen to remap the delete key in your bootcamp windows to another key?

I found that if I go to usb and click on the keyboard mouse that I can then press ctrl+alt+del and log into the machine however I can never get out of the window to click on install parallel tools or anything.

I have however rmaped the delete key to the command key to the right of the spacebar on my macbook pro. I'm wondering if that is what is causing the problem with sending ctr+alt+del. If I take away the mapping will it work? I won't have time to try it for quite a while as I'll be flying but I thought I would pass this on in case you had mapped keys and wanted to try it.

6. msnowman

msnowman Bit poster

Ok I got it working... I was using remapkey.exe and I removed all the key mappings and then had it enable auto login. Once I got in and installed the parallels tools I disabled the auto login and everything worked fine.

7. jwbento

jwbento Bit poster

Thank you! I'm new to the mac, and didn't realize the "fn" key was required for the "alt" function. So I can now bring up task manager, etc from the keyboard.

8. brkirch

brkirch Pro

It's not required for the alt key, it's required for the delete key to be a "delete" key. ;)