Several suggestions that would significantly improve product for me/others

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by Steelbom, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Steelbom

Steelbom Member

Hi, I've been using Parallels for a while, I love it, but it lacks several things that are very important (to me anyway).
    (I'm using Windows XP SP3)

The first suggestion, which is important, is to have some kind of parental control settings in Parallels, that way I can lock the network settings (to disabled) so that the VM can not receive internet, and web browsers on the VM for example, won't work.

With Mac, the parental controls are great, safari can be used safely, restricted to the sites I think are safe (for kids),
    Unfortunately, with Parallels, the only option is to block it from running, which I do not like doing, as I also use it to work on, and don't want to be changing settings all the time.

My second suggestion, is to be able to change the location the SmartGuard snapshots are saved, I'd like to have a lot of them, but my main hd (200GB left) is too small, but my secondary hd (1TB) is practically unused...

If those could be added, it would be one step closer to perfect for me.

Kind Regards
    MythicFrost

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  2. Venkatesh Reddy

Venkatesh Reddy Bit poster

I believe your second suggestion is a Windows setting. Try the "User Accounts" in Control Panels, and click on the "Change the way users log on and off". Somewhere in there, you can tell it to use the classic windows log on prompt with passwords. Sorry not to be more specific - not near my Windows machine right now. I had the same problem, and that solved it. But, you might be describing a different problem that is Parallels related. Hope this helps.

3. Steelbom

Steelbom Member

Yeah it is, your right, I'll remove it.
    To fix the auto-login problem, Start->Run->control userpasswords2 and all the info is on the screen IE 'require password to login' etc..

Kind Regards
    MythicFrost