How to take screenshot

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by tufas 21021, Apr 27, 2009.

1. tufas 21021

tufas 21021 Junior Member

How do you take a screenshot in Parallels? Obviously, Mac don't have a Print Screen button. Does anyone know which Mac key it's assigned to?

2. voobrajulia

voobrajulia Member

Press Command-Shift-3 to make a screenshot. The file with picture will appear on your Mac Desktop.

3. tufas 21021

Sorry, but I probably wasn't clear enough with my request. I'd like to do a Print Screen within Windows, not Mac. Thanks.

4. Flagg

Flagg Hunter

tufas,

Try using Virtual Machine -> Send Keys -> Print Screen. If you use it a lot, I would recommend making a permanent key mapping for it in Parallels Desktop -> Preferences -> Keyboard & Mouse. Just press the "+" and configure a Mac keyboard shortcut to be interpeted as "PrintSc" (which can be selected in the drop-down menu).

5. tufas 21021

Thanks Flagg, I was actually playing around last night and found that F13 on my external Mac keyboard is already assigned to the Print Screen command. But your advice is still very helpful for future reference!

6. David Harris

David Harris Bit poster

7. Peter Canasius J L

Peter Canasius J L Forum Maven

Hello David,

Kindly click on the below mentioned link and download the Keytweak software.

This helps you to key map the shortcut keys especially for the Print screen command.

http://webpages.charter.net/krumsick/

Please email us the status of the issue.

8. VallyS

VallyS Bit poster

9. KateS

KateS Bit poster

10. GautamK

GautamK Bit poster

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  11. twista123456

twista123456 Bit poster

For Windows users this bit of freeware is great, used it for years.

Not sure if there is a Mac version! Does not look like as if there is. How to take a screenshot on a mac

12. NasirS1

NasirS1 Bit poster

13. cliver2

cliver2 Bit poster

MacBook: Tapping [Command]+[shift]+[3] allows you to snapshot the whole screen. Tapping [Command]+[shift]+[4] enables you to screenshot the certain area of the whole screen.
    Windows: For some Ccomputer, you can tap [PrintScreen SysRq]. But the screenshot will be saved to the clipboard and you need to paste it in some apps such as Paint and Word.
    But the above screenshot method is quite inflexible. You may try FonePaw Screen Recorder and it is more powerful.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  14. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @cliver2, thanks for the information and it is really helpful for @tufas21021

15. milendrao

milendrao Bit poster

Press Command-Shift-3 to make a screenshot.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2018
  16. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We appreciate you for taking time to reply users questions. If you have any questions or in need of support, contact us.

17. ViolaR

ViolaR Bit poster

Create a desktop folder called screenshots. Open terminal. Whenever you need to take a screenshot repeat the command below. (Up arrow followed by enter allows you to repeat the previous command without typing it again)

screencapture -W ~/Desktop/screenshots/$(date +%Y%m%d-%H%M%S).jpg
    My books

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  18. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Thank you for sharing this Terminal command with the users.