Near perfect, a couple of suggestions

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by Steelbom, May 6, 2009.

1. Steelbom

Steelbom Member

Hi, I've been using Parallels for a while, it's very good, it lacks only two things for me though, one is an improvement, the other a much needed idea!

1: The graphics needs improving, often 3D is good, but not great, with that improved, I'd be much happier!
    2: The ability to password protect Network Adaptor 1 (under Configure of the VM) from changes without password.

I don't want my kids to have access to the internet on my Windows XP VM, because it's so easy to browse on to an inappropriate webpage, my Mac's parental controls are perfect, I can leave them on it without supervision, Windows does not have Parental controls that work, and no firewall is good enough (I've used many).

If Parallels would simply have an option in the Configuration settings for any Windows XP VM's to set a password, which I am prompted for when opening the Network Adaptor 1 tab in the Configuration Settings (if entered incorrectly, disable the settings so they can't be changed), by default the password should be blank (and not prompt for password until the password is set to something else)

That way I can disable the Network Adaptor, disallowing any internet connection for the VM, and allow my kids to use the VM (for games or programming), and they cannot change it to get internet access on it.

End Result, my kids can browse the internet on the Mac, but not the Windows XP VM!

The graphics issue can always be improved over time, but the password idea, I would appreciate sooner rather than later!

Kind Regards
    Me