Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The future of Expand

Plesk 10 will not work with PBAS and with Expand. Maybe it will be later.

Mega Poster

That is REALLY BAD news!

After all, we hoped that you'd at least take the Plesk 10 opportunity to bring Expand and Plesk back together... But it seems like one dev is working on expand on his freetime and Expand is not at all of any importance to Parallels :-(

As there is currently a new multi-domain-solution being developed at parallels, we hope that our Expand SUS is automatically transferred to the new software and we don't have to pay high initital prices (as we paid for < 2 years for Expand but never received any updates) and that there is a good and unproblematic way of moving from Expand to that new software ...

Hopefully you will then stick with that new software and provide regular updates...

Best regards,

Christian
    Yours sincerely,

Christian Fasold
    FaSoft Munich

Kilo Poster

I hate to be cynical, but "Maybe it will later"? Seriously? You've released 10. It should already be compatible.

Tera Poster

Cynicism would be extending a courtesy to Parallels. I am no longer in the web hosting industry. I quit because my decision of investing in an overly bloated POS cost me so much money and so many clients, I had to throw in the towel and pay out of my pocket to close down the business. I'm still paying for it.

One of their sales people (Terry) did speak the truth at the end (2009). He mentioned the expand road map did not include updates, but it's feature would rather be integrated with Plesk at some point.

Good luck.

Kilo Poster

What is the latest Panel version that supports Expand? My sales guy is not responding to my inquiries.

Hello,

Plesk 8.6 is the latest Plesk version supported by Plesk Expand so far. Plesk 9 support should come soon. Plesk 10 is too much different, so instead of Expand we are seeking for native multiserver support in Plesk.

Regards
    Join us on Google+ | DevBlog - Tips & Tricks from Inside | Features - Suggest & Vote

Mega Poster

Thanks Sergey for your answer!

Slowly we are getting to something...
    Do you have a certain ETA for the Expand update and a "rough" ETA for the new multiserver-solution?

Thanks and best regards,

Christian
    Yours sincerely,

Christian Fasold
    FaSoft Munich

Kilo Poster

Default Expand disaster

Just a hint guys... next time you release something that's incompatible, and you know it's incompatible, email us. This is just not good enough. You know who we are, especially people like me who pay SUS. Did it not occur to you that people would upgrade? I even asked my sales guy for a license and he didn't bother to tell me. This is not how to gain customer loyalty.

Hello,

2CryoGenID:
    Regarding ETA - Plesk 9 support comes early 2011. ETA of multiserver solution should be known by the Parallels Summit event (probably will be announced there). It is being designed and planned currently.

2 markytx:
    Yes, communications weren't good enough.

Mega Poster

Sergey,

thanks a lot!
    Please keep us updated here!!

Best regards,

Christian
    Yours sincerely,

Christian Fasold
    FaSoft Munich

Quote Originally Posted by IgorG View Post
    We are going to issue an update this year. It will deliver Plesk 9 + Expand 2.3 compatibility (Centralized Mail bug fixes).
    What year? 3010?
    www.ideasmultiples.com HSaaS virtual servers
    Parallels Silver Partner
    Virtuozzo last updates http://twitter.com/virtuozzo

Default Expand + Plesk 9.5 Compatibility Patch is Available

Any update on Plesk Expand? Or is there any new solution for something similar like Plesk Expand?

This is because Plesk Expand couldn't resolve the TXT records for Google Apps as the characters is limited.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Pang View Post
    This is because Plesk Expand couldn't resolve the TXT records for Google Apps as the characters is limited.
    Could you please provide more detils about this issue with TXT record? Any logs, steps to reproduce, etc.?

Hi,

I got the below message from Plesk Expane when I tried to synchronize the DNS records.Google TXT record:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no" ?>
    <packet action_id="2414999" version="2.3.2.17">
    <sync_zone>
    <result>
    <status>error</status>
    <errcode>11119</errcode>
    <errtext>[Operator] Error synchronizing CDNS server. Failed to sync CS server #1: [Generic] Invalid IDN. Domain name is invalid: Label is too long.</errtext>
    <server_id>1</server_id>
    </result>
    <result>
    <status>error</status>
    <errcode>11119</errcode>
    <errtext>[Operator] Error synchronizing CDNS server. Failed to sync CS server #2: [Generic] Invalid IDN. Domain name is invalid: Label is too long.</errtext>
    <server_id>2</server_id>
    </result>
    </sync_zone>
    </packet>

I've added this TXT records for my domain, webgetz.net:

google-site-verification=qqlBdRRSQq5aLFS7CWXdoVEPc4kENIXxBbG-b2LydIU

Thank you for information. I have forwarded it to developers for investigation. I will update thread with results as soon as I receive it.

Today when I tried to synchronize the Plesk Expand with Centralized Mail Server, it shows below error:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no" ?>
    <packet action_id="2468274" version="2.3.2.17">
    <reloadObjects>
    <system>
    <status>error</status>
    <errcode>4000</errcode>
    <errtext>[Transport] Temporary error occurred while processing request. Plesk server is unreachable now: (28) Operation timed out with 0 out of -1 bytes received
    Connection log
    ----
    CURLINFO_TEXT: About to connect() to 202.x.x.x port 8443
    CURLINFO_TEXT: Trying 202.x.x.x... CURLINFO_TEXT: connected
    CURLINFO_TEXT: Connected to 202.x.x.x (202.x.x.x) port 8443
    CURLINFO_TEXT: error setting certificate verify locations, continuing anyway:
    CURLINFO_TEXT: CAfile: /usr/share/ssl/certs/ca-bundle.crt
    CApath: none
    CURLINFO_TEXT: SSLv2, Client hello (1):</errtext>
    </system>
    </reloadObjects>
    </packet>

Any isea what is it about?

Any update on the Expand problem which cannot support extra characters in DNS records? I did installed the patch mentioned in the Knowledge Base, but it's still not working.

http://kb.parallels.com/en/9651

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3