Parallels Network Adapter driver wont install

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by CvT123, Feb 27, 2007.

1. CvT123

CvT123 Bit poster

Hi
    I have tried EVERYTHING to get parallels network adapter driver to load on my bootcamp partition. I have:

1. Uninstalled and reinstalled parallels
    2. Completely uninstalled tools (ie. delete all entries in the registry etc)
    3. Tried to install the drivers from the library/parallels/tools folder

ANY HELP PLEASE?!?!?!?

My bootcamp partition is windows xp sp2 on a Macbook Pro.

I have just upgraded to the latest version of parallels today and still no luck.

If I go to the parallels control centre and it says I do not have an adapter!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2007
  2. CvT123

CvT123 Bit poster

Hi
    I have tried EVERYTHING to get parallels network adapter driver to load on my bootcamp partition. I have:

1. Uninstalled and reinstalled parallels
    2. Completely uninstalled tools (ie. delete all entries in the registry etc)
    3. Tried to install the drivers from the library/parallels/tools folder

ANY HELP PLEASE?!?!?!?

My bootcamp partition is windows xp sp2 on a Macbook Pro.

I have just upgraded to the latest version of parallels today and still no luck.

If I go to the parallels control centre and it says I do not have an adapter!

3. STim

STim Bit poster

Hello,

Why do you think Parallels Network driver didn't load? Is this because you're probably not having internet inside your Virtual Machine?

I will really need more details about the problem to address it.

Best regards,
    Tim

4. CvT123

CvT123 Bit poster

Tim,
    i have no idea why it wont load!

I set up my VM using Custom>Windows XP>Boot Camp (with shared networking)

I realise that the internet was not working, so I tried ethernet bridge and all the other options. Nothing. Only when i did an ipconfig did I realise there was no network adapter. So when I go to System>Hardware> Devices from teh control panel, I saw the yellow exclamation mark over the network adapter.

So i thought, 'aha, i will just reinstalled parallels tools'. Nothing. So i then get the iso image from the library folder, found the network driver and tried to reinstall it. Nothing. I cant delete it as Parallels wont let me. PRLETH.SYS is in the system32 folder, which surprises me. Oh - i also tried to install the Realtek driver and the same thing happened.

All in all, I am quite stuck. What other information do you need? I would love to get this sorted out!

5. CvT123

CvT123 Bit poster

I bit the bullet and did a clean reinstall of Bootcamp. For some reason, it wouldnt boot up (when booting in safe mode, it would get to mup.sys and then stop).

Clean install and network is ok now. I sincerely hope this release does not corrupt Bootcamp to make me reinstall it (again)