Coherence Behavior

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by WilliamT, Oct 30, 2009.

1. WilliamT

WilliamT Bit poster

When running XP SP3 in Coherence mode I have an issue where applications that are server based apps (Windows apps) will not minimize to the Dock. Local Windows apps minimize just fine but specifically server apps will not and I can't figure why. They minimize to the taskbar but if your taskbar is hidden (which is the most visually appealing way) you cannot get the application to maximize without showing the taskbar and maximizing the app from there. Has anyone had similar experience and/or does anyone know why this behaves this way and, most importantly, how to make it behave properly?

2. lrac

lrac Bit poster

I'm having a similar problem. I'm running OX 10.6.2 and Parallels v5.0.9220. On the mac, I set the Dock to "Minimize windows into application icon". I'd like to do the same in with my XP Pro apps. It was working with Coherence under v4, but it stopped working when I upgraded. Now, when I click on the icon in the dock, the menu bar changes correctly, but the window never maximizes.

Under v4 I selected the Group all Coherence windows together option, but that's not available under v5. I'm unable to get it working.