Thread: hspcd memory usage

Default hspcd memory usage

Running hspc 3.3.3.00 in a Centos container. I have been disturbed to see the hspcd memory usage at up around the 380 mbyte mark per thread (using top - res) which , with any significant traffic blows my memory up to unsustainable amounts. Given that the hspcd seems to be a modified httpd (which typically uses a couple of meg), is this normal ?

If so , are we expected to host this product on a box which supports 380 m per user or what ? Is there any way to reduce this .

I can suggest you uninstall all unused plug-ins in PBAS system for improving memory usage. By default there are a lot of plugins loaded. Also increasing RAM size up to 4G or more (under certain load) on Virtuozzo hardware node should have the most significant effect on performance.

Are these the "-D" items on the hspcd command line ? Where do plugins get uninstalled - in the PBAS reseller control centre ? I have not specifically installed anything so am unsure what plugins are running anyway.

You can find all installed plugins with something like

rpm -qa | grep plugin

You will see all plugin packages - domain, payments, etc. plugins. You can remove all unused plugin packages with usual 'rpm -e plugin_name' and run 'hspc-upgrade-manager --finish' just in case. For example:

[root@pbas /]# rpm -e hspc-plugin-dm-ascio-3.3.3-02.60.swsoft
    => [clean factory] 'plugin-dm-ascio'
    [root@pbas /]# hspc-upgrade-manager --finish

Thanks for that. By uninstalling unneeded plugins I managed to reduce the memory footprint of each hspcd process by about 40M, they still sit at 340 M which is incredibly high. Is this the expected amount ? And am I correct in assuming that each logged-in user requires one hspcd process ?

The only one way to install \ uninstall PBAS components correctly is the PBAS installer. Note: you should use installer exactly the same version as your deployment is.
    Before uninstall desired plugins, make sure that they aren't configured\used in PBAS.

Install \ uninstall PBAS components using rpm abilities may harm your deployment.
    Last edited by dkolvakh; Apr 23, 2012 at 11:12 PM.