Duplicate devices in boot order

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by FedericoQ, Nov 16, 2009.

1. FedericoQ

FedericoQ Bit poster

Hi, i've recently upgraded my version of Parallels Desktop to 5.0, and i have this problem with boot devices.
    In the configuration section/hardware/boot order, i have twice the checkbox for Network Adapter, ah as i press "ok" to save whatever setting i've modified, a popup appears alerting me that i cannot have the same item in boot order two times.
    Whether i uncheck one or both adapters, the popup continues appearing at avery save, making me unable to register any setting any section.

What should i do to resolve this issue?

Thanks,
    Federico Quarato

2. PJ Bauser

PJ Bauser Bit poster

I don't have an answer but I am running into the exact same problem. Since upgrading to version 5 I have been trying to increase memory allocation for graphics programs, but am unable to save any of the changes due to the "One or more duplicate devices are present in the boot sequence" error. I have tried unchecking the boxes like FedericoQ to no avail. I've also tried removing the Network Adapter option which leads to slightly different error "The boot sequence contains a device that does not exist."

In either case, I am unable to save any changes made to the configuration. Help is greatly appreciated.

3. John Ingles

John Ingles Bit poster

I am having the same issue. After updating I have two Network Adapter items in my hardware boot order list and cannot remove one, though that is what is required for me to save configuration changes. I have also unchecked one of the items, but it is requiring me to "remove" the duplicate.

How do you remove the duplicate? There is no delete option that I can see.