Parallels 5 and Windows 2000 -> BSOD

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by ApuN, Nov 20, 2009.

1. ApuN

ApuN Bit poster

Hi,

i'm encountering an annoying blue screen, when i am trying to start my Windows 2000 machine after having upgraded to Parallels 5. (1 Unbuntu, 1 Windows 7 and 2 Windows XP machines all work well).

The blue screen says the following:

STOP: 0x0000001E ... KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    Address BFF9B680 base at BFF7A000, DateStamp 382a167c - acpi.sys

I tried the several solutions, that can be fount in this forum.

If I'm setting up a new machine, I get the same error. No matter if i'm using the original CD or the ISO-Image I took.

Does anyone suffer from the same annoyances? Does anyone perhaps have a solution?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Apu N.

Attached Files:

2. fredd

fredd Bit poster

hello,

i have the same problem.... with windows vista in host or ubuntu in host, impossible to install windows 2000... blue screen... i don't have this trouble whit virtualbox... please help us !!!

fred. excuse me for my english.

3. BRENDANL

BRENDANL Bit poster

Another with same problem

Add another to the list. I have the same problem with Parallels 5. Windows 2000 professional blue screens shortly after booting from the install CD.

4. Update: I found a Windows 2000 SP4 cd and was able to install from it. The original cd I used was the original release on Windows 2000 (i.e. SP0).

5. Steven Bennett

Steven Bennett Bit poster

I'm also running into this problem attempting to install Windows 2000 on my new Parallels 5 setup. The BSOD happens shortly after it finishes loading from the four boot floppies and says it's starting Windows.

I don't have a W2K with SP4 disk available, so I'm basically stopped cold here on getting W2K running.

6. kevin1112

kevin1112 Bit poster

I was able to get Win2000 installed by pressing F5 when the setup begins (the bottom of the screen says Press F6 to install third party...), then selecting Standard PC from the list of computer types.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
  7. BruceMac

BruceMac Bit poster

Wow, great catch! This worked perfectly. How did you know to do that & then to select "Standard PC"? Oh..., I think I know, the "Standard PC" is a Mac, right? ;-)

Seriously, thanks. You saved me a lot of time & frustration!

8. SESteve

SESteve Bit poster

Note to future readers who find this thread: You will probably need to click in the Parallels window before it will see key presses

9. KEOPS

KEOPS Bit poster

Thank you very much :)

10. KEOPS

KEOPS Bit poster

Working in parallels desktop 6 on Lion :)