Windows 7 and multiple users

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Redhawk44, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Redhawk44

Redhawk44 Bit poster

My General Manager has made the switch from the dark side to a Macbook Pro. Parallels Desktop 5 installed. Guest OS is Windows 7 Pro. We were having some issues with logging into a domain and getting access to network drives but then we got it working. Now it's not working again. But that's not the major problem. The major problem is logging in as a second user. Since we were having trouble accessing network drives from his account, I decided to log into the domain using my user name and password. I wasn't able to access the network drives either. When I logged out and tried to log back into the domain with his user name and password, it basically created a new account for him. Everything he had on his desktop was gone and the My Documents folder was pretty much empty except for the default stuff. This happened even though I used the same user name and password he has been using for years and the one in which he used when he first installed Parallels and Windows 7. Why would that have happened? He was able to get his stuff back by doing a system restore but that's scary. I have Windows 7 Ultimate running on a Lenovo ThinkPad T400 and tried to duplicate the problem but logging in as another user and then logging back in as me didn't cause any problems. It didn't create a new account like it did for him. I know Apple isn't supporting Windows 7 yet so could this have anything to do with that or is it a Parallels Desktop 5 issue or a Windows 7 issue?