Parallels Boot Camp suddenly not working

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by babygodzilla, Apr 27, 2008.

1. babygodzilla

babygodzilla Junior Member

Last week my Parallels Boot Camp just suddenly stopped working. It would come to that screen where you can choose between Parallels Configuration and the regular Windows XP Config, and then the screen would go blank. and nothing happens.

The only thing I see in the Console are these messages:

help? Thank you

2. soundevolution

soundevolution Member

I see exactly the same thing. These are the messages in my Console:

28/04/08 1:41:13 PM com.apple.SystemStarter[29] kextload: /Library/StartupItems/Parallels/Pvsvnic.kext loaded successfully
    28/04/08 1:43:25 PM [0x0-0x1e01e].com.parallels.desktop[242] QFSFileEngine::eek:pen: No file name specified
    28/04/08 1:43:48 PM [0x0-0x1e01e].com.parallels.desktop[242] Error disk change state flag to set
    28/04/08 1:43:48 PM [0x0-0x1e01e].com.parallels.desktop[242] Error disk suspend parameter flag to set
    28/04/08 1:43:48 PM [0x0-0x1e01e].com.parallels.desktop[242] Error disk change state flag to set

If i boot windows (bootcamp) into "safe mode" the list of drivers loading stops at "Mup.sys" - does this mean anything?

Also, my windows bootcamp partition works perfectly well when booting natively via bootcamp, just not in the parallels virtual machine

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 28, 2008
  3. babygodzilla

Thank god, someone else with the same problem. Now if only someone from Parallels would actually reply...

4. babygodzilla

about a week and still not a reply??

HEEEEEEY PARALLES TEAM!! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOUUU??

5. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

If nothing else works, I suggest doing the following:

1. (optional step) Install the latest version of MacFuse.

2. Open your VM configuration, and select 'Hard Disk -> Advanced', click on the "Clear..." button under the "Cleanup Boot Camp partition" section.

Important Note: This will remove Parallels information from the partition, you might need to reinstall Parallels Tools and/or some Parallels drivers, and re-activate Windows (ONLY RE-ACTIVATE AFTER INSTALLING PARALLELS DRIVERS, and generally having everything hardware/driver-wise like you had before the Cleanup).

Hope this helps.

Last edited: May 5, 2008
  6. mathcreative

mathcreative Bit poster

Thanks, I also had a similiar problem, and that did the trick. I was kinda new to parallels so it took quite awhile to follow the intructions. When you said Hard Disk I was thinking it was one of the drop down menu's. I didn't know that you had to go to edit-virtual machine and then hard disk. But I am noob.