Scroll wheel and zooming

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by designitsimple, Apr 8, 2008.

1. designitsimple

designitsimple Bit poster

Hi everybody

I have Visio and need to zoom in and out a lot. Under Windows this is done using Strg + Scrollwheel. However, when using Parallels using this command the deskop get's zoomed, the default behaviour of Leopard. Is there a workaround for that?

I appreciate your help.
    Michael

2. sparker

sparker Member

In Leopard, go to the System Preference for mouse and disable (or change) the default behavior for the zoom (the very bottom of the dialog). I don't care about zooming my "desktop" on the Mac, so I just turn it off...

At least this worked in Parallels Desktop 3. It appears to work differently in PD4, and I haven't found a workaround (yet). I used to be able to "SHIFT-CTRL-SCROLL" in PD3, but no longer... :( I'll repost if I figure out how to do this.

3. designitsimple

designitsimple Bit poster

Hi sparker

thanks for your reply. I'll give it a try and hope this works.

Greetings
    Michael

4. gstanford

gstanford Bit poster

Visio zooming and panning

Well, I figured out ... something. Disable the default behavior of zoom in Leopard, and program your mouse to have both right and left keys if not already done.

Then in Visio, hold both CNTL/SHIFT and click right mouse button. It zooms out a bit, but the zoom function suddenly appears and you can zoom to any desired level using the mouse scroll. While still holding CNTL/SHIFT, press either mouse button and move mouse and you can pan in any direction with the given zoom level.

This worked for me.

5. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

6. bertaka

bertaka Bit poster

When will this be fixed?

Thanks for the workaround idea - though I wonder when this issue will actually be fixed. This is pretty critical functionality for Windows - it's a shame that it worked in Parallels 3 but broke in 4.

7. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven