Need integrated NAT (internet access)

Discussion in 'Parallels Workstation for Windows and Linux' started by techwg, Nov 21, 2006.

1. techwg

techwg Bit poster

I do not use a hardware router, and my firewall does not support ICS, yet vmware works fine with its integrated NAT system. Vmware is gettting on my last nerve about speed issues. While Parallels is unpalleled in speed performance, i can not use it because i can not realise an internet connection within it. Please advise or suggest.

WG

2. tgrogan

tgrogan Pro

Please post more information about your host and guest OSs and which type of networking you have attempted to use. Some additional information about how you are observing the failure might also help.

3. techwg

techwg Bit poster

Winxp pro sp2
    Zone alarm Pro firewall
    i want ICS to work for it so i can use a program to port forweard my ports to RealVNC. I know the latter can be done since i did it with ther firewall off. I need to make the NAT work thgouth the zap and i cant do it. Is it possible to integrate NAT into the workings of Paralles and add it with the networking radio buttone ? Host only / bridged / NAT

4. David Corrales

David Corrales Hunter

For now, you're out of luck. Wait until it's implemented or use VMware.

5. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

NAT will be included into next version of Parallels Workstation for Windows and Linux. It is already available on Mac platform.

6. techwg

techwg Bit poster

Thankyou very very much. i have to day that i think parallels is the fastest think i have seen. Apart from NAT the only thing i was missing was ability for guest to default back to the previous state, but i think this is patented by vmware :(

When it will be completed, soon ?

7. tgrogan

tgrogan Pro

Hmmm, have to wonder why we have to be second - guess Parallels priorities have changed without any official notice. Your company should clearly state it's development model and plans rather than posting off-hand remarks such as this to be interpreted at random!

8. techwg

techwg Bit poster

lol i second that. but if they are adding it at all thats a good thing. Lets not forget that parallels compressor only works on windows :D and not the mac