Mac OS X - Lion: Unable to configure VM

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by BennettD, Aug 1, 2011.

1. BennettD

BennettD Member

I wanted to change the configuration of my VM and I've noticed that I cannot seem to access the configuration screen. I've tried rebooting restart apps, do not restart apps, command tab, expose and everything else I could think of to get to the configuration screen.

Nothing I try lets me access the preferences pane :-( I know this seems a little crazy, so I made a quick screen capture of the issue. Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

http://vimeo.com/27155484

2. ArneF

ArneF Bit poster

3. BennettD

BennettD Member

This fix works great!

I'd delete this thread because its a duplicate, but I don't see how to delete it..

4. AmberG

AmberG Banned

I think you can't delete this thread,you can only closed or lock this thread.[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  5. sasdrq

sasdrq Junior Member

Removing all desktops except 1 is not an exceptable resolution. I have many desktops running production things and having to remove all desktops doesn't do it for me. I know I could move all apps to desktop #1, but that too should not be required.

Parallels, please fix this.

Until it is fixed, I'll just go back to VirtualBox. It doesn't seem to have issues with displaying various windows.

6. BennettD

BennettD Member

It does need to be fixed

It does need to be fixed, but until then, you only need to do the fix once. After that, you can add the desktops back in and things will work as expected.

7. sasdrq

sasdrq Junior Member

Well I did it once and now I can't see my config screen. So that doesn't always work either.