Quicken 2007 crashes when using Webconnect

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by SMS, Jul 13, 2007.

1. SMS

SMS Bit poster

I bought Parallels for my new iMac for the sole purpose of using Quicken 2007. Have Win XP. Downloaded Quicken fine and transferred all my data over just fine, but when I go to download data from any financial institution using Webconnect, the Quicken Launcher just crashes so the whole application crashes. Must be Parallels as it all works fine on my PC. Any tips??? Am extremely frustrated and Intuit can't help due to the Parallels environment in which I'm working.

2. Purplish

Purplish Forum Maven

Quicken should work. I have Quicken 2006 and it works fine. Can you tell us about your setup? What version of Parallels? What directory have you installed Quicken in? What type of networking (bridged or shared)?

One thing I have noticed is that Quicken balks at being installed in a shared drive. Make sure it is installed on the virtual C drive, and make sure that the data files are stored on the C drive as well. It is OK to store backup data on a shared drive.

Another thing is that Quicken can get fouled up if you have an antivirus program or firewall program turned on. It might help to turn them off while you try to get the connection established, then re-arm them.

Also, you can see previous conversations on this topic by looking above at the Orange Bar that says "User CP FAQ Members List etc." Click on Search and enter Quicken in the search field.

3. SMS

SMS Bit poster

Thanks for your feedback.
    and yes I did check out all the threads as it related to Quicken but none of them were with regards to my issue unfortunately, but I did try some of the troubleshooting recommendations just in case it related to my issue. I don't have any security or firewall up for now. Plus, Quicken installs fine it is just when I try to import my webconnect files do I get an error that says the Quicken Launcher has crashed and as a result I can't import anything. Everything is installed on the C drive too. I believe I am set up with Shared networking.This is so frustrating!

4. Purplish

Purplish Forum Maven

I am using Direct Connect for most of my accounts. However, I am using WebConnect on 2 Wachovia Visa Cards.

I would like to go to Quicken 2007 because I have set up my daughter with 2007. However, I think 2008 will be here by the Fall so I am waiting.

If you haven't already, try going into Windows/Control Panel/Security Center and see if the firewall or antivirus is on.

Wish I could be more help.

5. Trommler

Trommler Bit poster

I am having the exact same problem. Quicken 2007 runs just fine but will not download account information without crashing the app. It WILL connect to the internet for help and such but just won't download account info. I have no firewall or anti-virus running and all other internet-related connections in the VM work just fine.

I need to find a solution for this problem as this is the main reason I got Parallels in the first place. Quicken for the Mac is not an acceptable solution. I wish it was but I have over a decade of Quicken data and I'm not prepared to lost large portions of it in the conversion.

6. Trommler

Trommler Bit poster

Hmmm. Well it seemed to have corrected itself. I uninstalled Quicken completely, reinstalled from CD, let it update itself with the latest revision download from Intuit and opened my .qdf file. No issues and no crashes with downloading account information. I'm not sure what I did differently this time but it seems to work now.

7. lukewarmmizer

lukewarmmizer Bit poster

FWIW - I use Quicken Home and Business 2008 and had the same issue. Uninstalling and reinstalling corrected the issue for me as well.