Network status shows No Internet

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by TavM, Mar 19, 2010.

1. TavM

TavM Bit poster

Im running Windows7 and shortly after installing the Parallels Internet Security 2009 by Kaspersky, my network status indicator on the task bar near the clock shows No Internet connection. However, the internet is fine. I opened the Network and Sharing on the control panel and the Internet connection indicator also shows that I have no Internet connection, although in the fact I do.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Is there a setting in the Kaspersky IS that I am not setting properly? Workwise, it's affecting my Parallel desktop, it's just annoying to have that false indicator.

Tav

2. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Unfortunately, it is an issue of "Internet Security 2009" and Windows 7.

This warning is quite safe and doesn't affect anything. You can either ignore it or use "Internet Security 2010" (I don't though how to get it)

3. hmolen

hmolen Member

You have a Parallels logo in your information, so I assume you talk for Parallels, or in the name of P.
    You state the obvious (we knew this already) AND the solution, Internet Security 2010 (from Kaspersky Labs I presume ???)
    Doesn't Parallels and Kaspersky have a partnership ?
    Why does a Parallels employee not have the solution available to us ?
    Please tell us where Internet Security 2010 is ????
    It will make trouble shooting a lot easier !!!
    Thanks,
    H.

4. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Actually, forums are not official support resource. Of course I have some limitations in what I'm saying here and may not speak things that may cause harm to people asking for support or impact reputation of Parallels - standard corporative ethic. But there is a lot of things that I'm not aware of.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
  5. TavM

TavM Bit poster

Eric,

Appreciate the quick reply. I guess I'll have to live with it until the next update. I recently just did one (update) and that wasn't pretty. It almost choked during the re-install of the Parallel tools, but survived and I got my desktop back... anyway, that's for another thread issue. If you anyone else can figure this out, besides updating to the 2010 version (which Im not willing to pay), please let me know. In fact, I migrated from VMWare Fusion and the McAfee IS included with that virtual machine stayed installed and worked just fine, until the Kaspersky IS prompted an install. Anyway, I hope this helps others to figure this out.. Many thanks, Tav

6. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

TavM, take alook at forum's private messages - I've sent a message

hmolen, I'll try to get some understanding of suggested scenario with InternetSecurity 2009 in the nearest time.

7. hmolen

hmolen Member

Thanks, sorry for my outburst, I just want to have the solution (version 2010) and have opened cases for this but they don't want to help me as "I have no problem"....
    I can access the internet but I want to get rid of the annoying icon, and details that tell me that I have no connectivity :(
    That's all.
    H.

8. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

I've asked the person who knows about ParallelsInternetSecurity(Kaspersky). As I understood from his explanations, the only way is to buy Kaspersky 2010 separately. I'm now sure, but it seems that upgrade from ParallelsInternetSecurity 2009 to Kaspersky 2010 is not possible, because version shipped with Parallels is considered to be one-year trial:
    http://forum.kaspersky.com/lofiversion/index.php/t162091.html

Alternatively, it is possible to either try Microsof Security Essentials (it is free) -http://www.microsoft.com/Security_Essentials/

or just disable this icon - (steps taken from http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc766017(WS.10).aspx ):

9. hmolen

hmolen Member

Fix

Ok, thanks for the help, but when will this be fixed ?

10. Pazuzu

Pazuzu Junior Member

I've removed Parallels Internet Security Suite (fondly referred to as PISS) and installed the MS Security Essentials. This "fixed" the annoying false positive that the Internet was not available. Unfortunately the MSE tool does not seem as robust as PISS but I'm also not getting any errors or other erroneous behavior. It may be worthwhile to add a sticky somewhere regarding this so new users know to use something other than PISS or live with the faulty behavior.

11. bugmenot2

bugmenot2 Bit poster

You have a Parallels logo in your information, so I assume you talk for Parallels, or in the name of P.
    You state the obvious (we knew this already) AND the solution, Internet Security 2010 (from Kaspersky Labs I presume ???)
    Doesn't Parallels and Kaspersky have a partnership ?
    Why does a Parallels employee not have the solution available to us ?
    Please tell us where Internet Security 2010 is ????
    It will make trouble shooting a lot easier !!!
    Thanks,
    H.

12. PetyrV

PetyrV Bit poster

i az imah podoben problem, no uspqh da go razre6a kato potarsih pomosht v edin drug forum.tova e nai-dobriq nachin da nauchish barzo i kachetsveno tova, koeto te interesuva