Unable to connect to internet in VM

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by kekkars, Mar 25, 2007.

1. kekkars

kekkars Bit poster

I have parallels Build 3188 and have installed Windows XP Professional SP2.

Once I start my parallels VM and open windows, I am unable to connect to internet within the VM i.e from windows I cannot connect to internet.

I can connect to internet from mac even when the parallels VM is unable to connect to internet.

In my parallels VM settings, I have Network Adapter : Bridged Ethernet en1: Airport/Wireless Adapter
    I connect my Mac book pro using Airport extreme.

Please help me connect to internet within the VM windows env.
    Thanks.
    Sanjay

2. Tyland1200

Tyland1200 Parallels Team

Try using Shared Networking as opposed to Bridged. Restart your MAC and then all should be well.

Tyland1200

3. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

Hmm... That sounds strange... If you are using Bridged Networking mirror your Mac's settings. i.e. if you use DHCP on the Mac use DHCP on the PC. If you use static on the Mac, use static on the PC. Change your network adapters MAC address and make sure you give it a different static than your Mac's.

Alternatively, you can use Shared Networking as Tyland1200 said... It is much easier for most people.

4. kekkars

kekkars Bit poster

Using Shared Networking as opposed to Bridged.

as suggested above, I used Shared Networking as opposed to Bridged and that worked. I was able to connect to internet from with the VM windows.
    Thanks for the support.:)